College Hoops 2023-2024 Thread (UCONN Back 2 Back)

Gonzaga goes from a nice second half comeback, to one of the biggest end game collapses I can remember, to a super clutch last two possessions. What a game.
… which will inevitably lead to another year of running through a shit conference, winning some games in the tourny and not winning a national title

… which will inevitably lead to another year of running through a shit conference, winning some games in the tourny and not winning a national title

I mean they’ve gotten to what two finals in the past 6 years? They’re as much a powerhouse as any team in the country.

I mean they’ve gotten to what two finals in the past 6 years? They’re as much a powerhouse as any team in the country.

I’m close to positive they have more tourney wins than any program in the country over the past 8 years. That’s incredible. A mid-major outpacing Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, and UCLA.

I’m close to positive they have more tourney wins than any program in the country over the past 8 years. That’s incredible. A mid-major outpacing Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, and UCLA.
And not a damn thing to show for it! <Lmaoo>

2004 team was a murderers row of size, strength, skill and killer talent from top-to-bottom. Haven’t seen anything like it since in the college game.

I’ve randomly seen Ben Gordon in the news over the last several years since he retired making over 80 million in the NBA with some messed up mental health episodes. The last one was F’ed up but also sadly hilarious with this vid.

So absurdly stacked.
The teams GTech had to beat to make the final was a murderers row.
NIU 1st round barely won, severely underseeded team
2nd rd Jared Dudley and Craig Smith BC team that had a ton of legit guys
3rd rd Nevada with Pinkney, Kirk Snyder and Nick Fazekas. one of Nevadas great all time teams
Elite 8, Kansas with a bunch of pros
Final 4 OSU's best ever team

OkState beat:
A Calipari stacked Memphis team
A stacked Pitt team with 4-5 pros
St Joes Delonte West and Jameer Nelson best ever team

Uconn had 7 players from that tourney team end up DRAFTED in the NBA.

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

Eh, they're a major for basketball at this point tho. Always getting recruits and getting a ton of media coverage + friendly calls and home court advantages.

And not a damn thing to show for it! <Lmaoo>

Let’s be real. If/when Gonzaga wins a title, you’ll still criticize them and then say “well, they don’t have multiple title!”

Again, only 6 active coaches in D1 have a title. It’s a ridiculous barometer to measure a coach. It would be like saying someone “only” worth $100 million isn’t wealthy since they’re not a billionaire

Let’s be real. If/when Gonzaga wins a title, you’ll still criticize them and then say “well, they don’t have multiple title!”

Again, only 6 active coaches in D1 have a title. It’s a ridiculous barometer to measure a coach. It would be like saying someone “only” worth $100 million isn’t wealthy since they’re not a billionaire
And still nothing to show for it. <Lmaoo>

Theyre an incredible program; I just wish they won in a year where I felt they were legitimately worthy. This year's team is meh and Timme just seems to be getting a ton of weird ass calls like he is Sean Omalley and waltzes around like he is an ordained celebrity. I've never seen a post player get such preferential treatment in the lane on his footwork and hooking.

Back