College grads: How long were you paying off your loans?

14k in debt from a Community College??? Were you an out of state student?

I was in state.
I changed my major more than once and went to a 2 year college way longer than one should have. At the time I mostly cared about practicing martial arts more than furthering my college time. I ended up going into the healthcare field so that meant 2 more years in addition to my time spent messing around.

My heart goes out to any former college student paying 200k+ back in student loans.

I'm not religious but God bless you.

It's just sad how the USA puts their youth in debt slavery just so they can have a decent job.

currently a junior majoring in chemical engineering with 3.87 GPA

im gonna have about 20k in debt after college but I feel really confident in getting a job after college.
chinhands-3.gif

Whats a student loan ? My degree is free and I get paid a BTEA of €188 p/w to cover expenses.

Had my first paid off by the time I graduated. Fat chance in hell that's gonna happen with the new degree I am getting.

Raised 2 kids while in school and I took out a shit ton. In 5 years I've paid just a little over $60k. Still have $17k left to pay.

Graduated with no debt and still took a job in the middle of nowhere making slightly less than average for an entry level job in my field.

Not sure what I was thinking. Scary thing is it looks like I'm going to double down on my original mistake too.

Carpe Diem, right? I guess. Probably not.

College was free. The 9 years after? Probably in another decade :(

I was one of the last from the era where student loans were at their lowest at tuitions weren't ridiculous.
Paid mine off in mine years and the payments dropped from appr $330/month to <$200 as time went on. That was for out of state.

I've made at most six payments since 2008. Thanks deferment options. $25,000 to go whenever I decide to pay.

no one is telling you to go to college...
but you should go to college, son

Back