Collecting antique books...

I remember when I briefly had the intention of building a badass library in my house that I came across a website that sold books that looked old without being old and this were cheaper than actual old books. They had like different names for different styles and apparently sell to law firms a lot.

Anyway, none of that is helpful to you other than to say it exists.

I only have one or two first editions, by my dad used to buy up antique printings of classics at library book sales and thrift stores, so I've continued the tradition. Resale shops have been my best bet so far

Books by the foot?

This world we live in, it's messed up.

Who knows? Maybe I"ll end up getting the Necronomicon or some crazy magic book

start your own citadel
kieran-belshaw-citadel-library-setwalkway-v007.jpg

So we have matching antique book shelves that my wife happened to come across a few months ago and she's been buying the oldest books she can find to put in there. We restored the shelves as best as we could by reading and watching Youtube videos.

We found this site:

http://www.booksbythefoot.com/shop/pc/Little-Vintage-6p166.htm

They sell antique books by the foot. We'll try buying a foot of their oldest stuff, but they only go back around 150 years. Shit gets expensive quick when you hit books from the 1700s...

Does anyone else here do this? Any site that sells very old books besides eBay? We're looking for 1700s... we wanna go as old as we can get without breaking the bank.

It's her new hobby, I'm just playing along.

dbb1a7e58eb7ca781c8e909415de830e.jpg
I collect books and ephemera. I buy books from every source available. Most of my collection is native to NY and includes a lot of 19th century and older ledgers, scrap books and NY State Forest Commision books which contain a lot of Denton plates. I collect antique maps too. Abe Books has always been a good source.

Who knows? Maybe I"ll end up getting the Necronomicon or some crazy magic book

Or maybe a copy of De Vermis Mysteriis.

I would be kind of anal about it. I couldn't stand having books I didn't approve of. If I am going to have bookshelves they are going to have good shit on them.

Does your apartment smell of rich mahogany?

The Ninth Gate always makes me want to start collecting old books.

Back