Collazo vs Abdukakhorov a Robbery???

RabbitPunch36

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So I was at the venue in the Liacoursas for this fight and to my eyes it looked like Collazo outboxed/out slicked the hell out the Uzbek so I was shocked when Collazo lost a UD by scores of 97-93, 98-92, and 99-91 in fact I would have been fine with scores of those numbers for Collazo. I seats I had were great they were at a high enough elevation to watch the fighters properly but still close enough to see them properly. One thing I will say is I went back and watched some highlights of the main event and I defintely did not catch every detail of that fight properly. Am I tripping because I checked multiple websites and media cards and they are all in agreement with this being a wide decision.

One explanation I have is that people gave too much credit to Abdukakhorov for opening up that first cut on Collazo and he might be favored because he is the young upcoming fighter. Let me know what you guys think.

Most of Collazo's losses are like that

He's really good. People always slept on him.

@Yacob how close did you have the fight? I didn't care to score the rounds while watching but I thought Collazo had that in a wide UD

@Yacob how close did you have the fight? I didn't care to score the rounds while watching but I thought Collazo had that in a wide UD
Pretty much in your boat

I just thought Luis was outboxing him

But in fairness i was at work and probably missed 2 or 3 rounds. Have been planning on rewatching the whole card but haven't quite gotten around to it.

Probably walking forward with hands down eating shots wasn't a great strategy. You may be showing people that you can take the shots but you're still taking the shots.

It's difficult to give Collazo more than 3 rounds, IMO. He had trouble raising his workrate and putting actual pressure. Abdukakhorov's lack of pop made it competitive, but he spent most rounds outworking and outlanding Collazo, moving around him to avoid a firefight and getting hit way less than Collazo in the process. That's 3 scoring criteria out of 4 on his side.

Abdukakhorov won't become a star and Collazo is a fine boxer, but at some point Father time is hard to overcome.

It's difficult to give Collazo more than 3 rounds, IMO. He had trouble raising his workrate and putting actual pressure. Abdukakhorov's lack of pop made it competitive, but he spent most rounds outworking and outlanding Collazo, moving around him to avoid a firefight and getting hit way less than Collazo in the process. That's 3 scoring criteria out of 4 on his side.

Abdukakhorov won't become a star and Collazo is a fine boxer, but at some point Father time is hard to overcome.
I definetly need to watch the televised fight. I had trouble seeing what you mentioned from my seats.

As Yacob pointed out most Collazo’s are close, Collazo has a wide set if skills but just isnt tv friendly thus judges always overlook him

I thought it was a pretty close fight, could have gone either way but I wasnt impressed with Abduk.

I definetly need to watch the televised fight. I had trouble seeing what you mentioned from my seats.

Interesting. I’m pretty sure both experiences can be different, though.

I love Collazo, but he got worked pretty badly. No way in hell he won that fight.

Back