Colin Moriarty, Greg Miller Quit IGN

Yeah I sorta caught wind of this "gamergate" deal, but it seemed to be more related to feminism, political correctness (and politics in general) and just shit that didn't affect actual gaming too much. But I may be way off, as those are just my impressions from peaking in from the outside.

You're exactly right. It's pretty much a big fuss over nothing of importance. Why everyone is so bent out of shape over it is really beyond me.

I can't stand Greg Miller, I'm glad that fucking ph@get will be gone.

What made you hate the guy? His voice and overall personality annoyed me, I do know that, but I found his written reviews to be pretty darned good overall.

What made you hate the guy? His voice and overall personality annoyed me, I do know that, but I found his written reviews to be pretty darned good overall.

His voice, his mannerisms, his condecending way of talking etc. It was not his reviews that I had a problem with so much as videos of round table discussions with other panelists that irritated me. He'd come off as super pretensious and douchey. Just watching him talk made me want to bully him. Just physically and verbally torment the guy. I haven't felt that way about someone in over 12 years.

You're exactly right. It's pretty much a big fuss over nothing of importance. Why everyone is so bent out of shape over it is really beyond me.

I actually do think it's a pretty big deal. It pisses me off when I try and go look at a review and they're giving broken games 8/9's. My solution though was to just stop reading reviews and I just research a game on my own for bugs and things like that watch gameplay videos, read what random people are saying. It's become obvious though that these gaming sites can't be trusted when it comes to reviews.

I also thought it was kind of scary that they got a character removed from Tekken because of the way she was dressed. That's a scary precedence to set.

At the end of the day though I just don't feel much can be done and I don't feel like much will change in gaming but maybe I'm wrong.

colin moriarty quit working at his saloon in megaton?!?!?!?

tumblr_mbvchoaaSR1qj63jg.gif

Back