Colin Moriarty, Greg Miller Quit IGN

DoMeFavors

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Patreon_1500X1000.0.0.jpg

IGN frontman Greg Miller, co-host Colin Moriarty and two senior video producers have quit the media news network to focus on their own Patreon-funded entertainment venture, Kinda Funny.
[YT]t3arIIbN7F0[/YT]

Colin Moriarty, Nick Scarpino, Tim Gettys, and I (Greg Miller) quit our jobs at IGN.com, and it's all your fault.

In September, you changed our lives. We launched a Patreon for Kinda Funny, and your response was beyond (BEYOND!) our wildest expectations. The support, the Tweets, the shares -- it all showed that we really had built the community of best friends we

Wow, that's pretty surprising. Those are the 2 staple names that go hand in hand with IGN.

While Moriarty and I have about as opposite taste in games as you can get, he was by far the most knowledgeable personality.

Good. Miller was the only person keeping that shit hole honest
Moriarity sucks.

i didnt really like either of them to be honest. So that being said, maybe IGN can go down the toilet now.

Greg Miller is an annoying douche glad he's gone. Not really an IGN fan anyways. If Daniel Bloodworth or Brandon Jones ever left Gametrailers I would cry.

Also Patrick Klepek just left Giantbomb :(

Last edited:
Greg Miller is an annoying douche glad he's gone. Not really an IGN fan anyways. If Daniel Bloodworth or Brandon Jones ever left Gametrailers I would cry.

Also Patrick Klepek just left Giantbomt :(

They are fucking trash, i stopped following them after they started the feminist crap on MGS

Is it bad that I only know of two people in the video game industry? I guess it would be one now that Adam Sessler doesn't do games anymore. That just leaves with the only person I can stand in gaming, Kyle Bosman.

Here is Patricks final words at Giantbomb. He's now a Senior Reporter at Kotaku. Joined the dark side.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/the-end/1100-5160/

They are fucking trash, i stopped following them after they started the feminist crap on MGS

I go there to watch their reviews. I don't always agree with them but they are leagues better then IGN. Can't spell Ignorant without IGN.

Surprising to me that people actually know these guys names and shit. Not tryna call y'all nerds (I'm sure I game just as much), but I've been going to IGN for years and never noticed or gave a shit about the reviewer or the personalities. I guess I never watch the videos though so perhaps that's why. Seems there's a whole other level of politics in the industry I didn't really know existed.

So what's the p4p best gaming site?

after this i stopped watching these pricks

You showed that before and I don't care. Everyone knows Geoff Keighley is a douche. I didn't mention Geoff. I mentioned Brandon Jones and Daniel Bloodworth.

Wow, that's pretty surprising considering how well known they are.

Surprising to me that people actually know these guys names and shit. Not tryna call y'all nerds (I'm sure I game just as much), but I've been going to IGN for years and never noticed or gave a shit about the reviewer or the personalities. I guess I never watch the videos though so perhaps that's why. Seems there's a whole other level of politics in the industry I didn't really know existed.

So what's the p4p best gaming site?

Same for me when it comes to going deeper into the gaming world, knowing guys like these isn't very hard if you actually like to follow the content they put up, like the videos and podcasts and whatnot. There's other shit deeper though that people are invested in when it comes to gaming, like presidents and CEOs of companies/development studios, or youtube personalities, website personalities, indie developers and all kinds of shit.

I personally don't touch that far into that stuff, as far as I go is knowing a few names on websites and some of my favorite game developers, but that's it, even then I barely know any of the names. There was a big scandal not long ago about some indie dev chick who was doing sexual favors for reviewers and editors to cover her game in a good way. It goes pretty deep and I honestly find it quite pathetic and want no part of it. Just give me my games and videos here and there, you can keep the other dumb shit.

Same for me when it comes to going deeper into the gaming world, knowing guys like these isn't very hard if you actually like to follow the content they put up, like the videos and podcasts and whatnot. There's other shit deeper though that people are invested in when it comes to gaming, like presidents and CEOs of companies/development studios, or youtube personalities, website personalities, indie developers and all kinds of shit.

I personally don't touch that far into that stuff, as far as I go is knowing a few names on websites and some of my favorite game developers, but that's it, even then I barely know any of the names. There was a big scandal not long ago about some indie dev chick who was doing sexual favors for reviewers and editors to cover her game in a good way. It goes pretty deep and I honestly find it quite pathetic and want no part of it. Just give me my games and videos here and there, you can keep the other dumb shit.

Yeah I sorta caught wind of this "gamergate" deal, but it seemed to be more related to feminism, political correctness (and politics in general) and just shit that didn't affect actual gaming too much. But I may be way off, as those are just my impressions from peaking in from the outside.

The only scandal I'd be interested in is one which could destroy the giant uberpublishers like EA that like to fuck everyone over. lol. I want to see a company like Bioware crowdfund a game and make it perfect without any constraints.

I didn't like Miller at all, especially after his douchey ZombieU review where he complained that there wasn't enough ammo and weapons and shooting in a survival horror game.

Seems they got Max Scoville to partially fill the void. I wouldn't be surprised to see some more former Revision 3 employee's end up there.

Much better replacement, from what I've seen.

I can't stand Greg Miller, I'm glad that shitfuck will be gone.

Last edited:
Back