Colin McgreGoat speaks

Depends. If he sees the opportunity and timing I'm sure he'll throw It.

Khabib's at times clinch / upper body based method of acquiring the takedown seems risky against someone like Conor who tends to control the distance / frames very well and counters very well moving backwards. I think he'll still utilize his clinch game as It's a massive component of his style but be far more cautious about doing so.

I'd expect to see a lot more single legs and shots from the outside If i had to guess. Regardless of the shit he got for his last fight(and the fact that It was a glorified sparring match), I think Khabib's boxing looked vastly improved relative to any point I've seen It before.

Overall It definitely seems like he has a good Idea of what he needs to work on for this fight.
I think Khabib will likely do what ge did to RDA and MJ. Use a few outside shots as glorified transitions into the clinch. When Conor goes to defend the shot (assuming it lands) then there should be an opening for the clinch or a chance to drive to the fence.

I'm curious if he's been drilling more reactive TDs. He had some good ones against Haely. If Conor presses forward then shooting with his back against the cage will be something he needs to be preped for.

Conor is definately drilling his frame and counters. Working on TDD, sweeps, scrambles, etc. I really want to see if he has a good answer for Khabib's mat returns.

Not the first time it happened. Platinum Perry did it worse.

hYPV6UP.jpg
Is that a bar of platinum? LOL You're an awesome poster.....most of the time.

He's either on multiple levels of irony or he's actually starting to believe his own hype. Anyway, kicks or no kicks, he's going to get ground into bone meal by Khabib in round 5.

We saw how starting to believe your own hype worked out for Rousey.

the entire ufc would lol

gotta love the bruce lee haters...if bruce lee was around now, he'd also be training like others...and remember, his training was geared for street fighting, not fighting with tons of rules...street fight, different story.

That was the dumbest thing i have ever read online. Everyone just got dumber by reading your post at no point where you even close to making any sense. I award your idiotic self no likes, and may god have NO Mercy on your pathetic soul
Were* not ‘where’. Who is the idiot now? Plenty of people who liked my post obviously thought it made sense. Does that make you the idiot for not understanding it?

I think McGregor means he's cutting some height to make 135. He needs more manlets in his life

You do realize that only on this forum is the word manlet even a thing...in the real world guys that are 5'7 5'8, 5'9 are pretty much normal height...since 5'9 is normal height in the usa...I would be much more concerned with being small, than being short...cause a well built muscular body can make up for any deficiency in height.

gotta love the bruce lee haters...if bruce lee was around now, he'd also be training like others...and remember, his training was geared for street fighting, not fighting with tons of rules...street fight, different story.
His training was geared toward acting like he knew how to fight, the rest is all hearsay. He was a hell of a salesman though.

I remember these type of tweets duribg the Mayweather fiasco.......that ended well for em.....

Now try landing some of that fancy shit in an actual fight against a world class opponent instead of only using it as smoke and mirrors to set up that left hand from hell

ufc-129-gif-gsp-back-spinning-side-kick-jake-shields.gif

Official. Conor throws kick to open fight, single leg for khabib, conor grinded into hamburger meat. 27-0.

Not a single UFC fighter would lose any kind of fight or sanctioned bout to Bruce Lee, except maybe a point karate or TKD match.
With the exception of maybe CM Punk and Mike Jackson, but even they might be able to do some damage.
Even a decent amount of the females would whoop Lee.

if my aunt had nuts shed be my uncle

also, just because i stated the widely accepted truth that bruce lee couldnt compete with modern martial artists, that doesnt mean im a hater. im not a hater at all. but a UFC fighter of today would have no issue with him whatsoever.

Don't think he will try any spinning shit, reckon he is going to use those kicks like a jab giving him an even greater effective reach advantage, forcing Khabib to try and rush him from far out and getting countered into oblivion.
Great cant wait to see Conor give a leg to Khabib.

if my aunt had nuts shed be my uncle

also, just because i stated the widely accepted truth that bruce lee couldnt compete with modern martial artists, that doesnt mean im a hater. im not a hater at all. but a UFC fighter of today would have no issue with him whatsoever.

But you're comparing guys that train specifically for mma...bruce lee trained for different purposes...you have to take into account how he would do, if he trained for mma, today...not 40 years ago...and from all accounts, which include many many world champion karate guys and kickboxing, bruce lee was a freak of nature...fastest guy they've ever seen in their life and someone that hit as hard as a big heavyweight...and being only 135lbs...

His training was geared toward acting like he knew how to fight, the rest is all hearsay. He was a hell of a salesman though.

salesman? haha...if you honestly believe that, I don't know what to tell you...but the guy was involved in martial arts almost his entire life...and lived and breathed training...maybe you should do some research on the guy...he trained with world champions....these guys would come to him for him to train them...but you keep thinking he was a salesman...guys like jim kelly, joe lewis, bob stone, chuck norris. all came to him to be trained...jim kelly, former world champion, said bruce was untouchable..nobody could come close to him in skill...but yep, he was just a salesman...

Back