Social Colin Kaepernick Named Face of Nike's 30th Anniversary "Just Do It" Campaign

Good choice by Nike?

• Total voters
I don't know what his real reason for doing it was. If he felt personally that it was something worth doing even though he lost his job, then people should support him on that aspect alone. It has defiantly cost him millions of dollars. if you were a fan you should be in support of him doing so. If he only did it because Blaine was starting the season ahead of him, he is a fool and paying the price. I'd like to think he did so on his principles though, it makes it a much better story.
The "principles" came when he needed an excuse for throwing a little bitch fit. Now hes knee deep in something he has no choice but to be a part of because he burned all his other bridges.

Could we get a who gives a shit option added to the poll?

From a business standpoint, it's a little baffling.

Sneaker culture is kind of a black thing. If you win over the black demographic then the white kids will follow. I guess that is the logic behind it.

The "principles" came when he needed an excuse for throwing a little bitch fit. Now hes knee deep in something he has no choice but to be a part of because he burned all his other bridges.

We don't know that to be fact just assumption. Either way it has led to players actually protesting for the very reason.

Nike's okay with young black males shooting each other for shoes so I am not surprised by this move.

We don't know that to be fact just assumption. Either way it has led to players actually protesting for the very reason.
So it was all just a coincidence? Was he unaware of blacks being killed by cops until 2016, 5+ years after getting drafted?

He got benched during the 2015 season and was due to make $11 million if he was on the final 53 man roster in September 2016. That summer is when he magically started having a problem with the anthem.
I don't care about kneeling for the anthem, I wouldn't even play it before sporting events, but let's call a spade a spade. About to get cut + smoking hot SJW GF = Kaep's "beliefs."
His protest made him making the roster less likely.

So it was all just a coincidence? Was he unaware of blacks being killed by cops until 2016, 5+ years after getting drafted?

Are you calling him a liar without an actual proof that he is lying? That would make it an assumption.

Are you calling him a liar without an actual proof that he is lying? That would make it an assumption.
So how come he never had a problem with it until 5+ years after being in the league? Tell us.

Fine, as soon as you prove that Trump is a supposedly a Nazi like y'all claim. Can't have it both ways.
Show any post of mine calling Trump an actual Nazi.

I'll wait.

Also, that's a deflection, and a weak one at that. Now I remember why you just snipe and troll in here. You're clearly not intelligent enough to engage in rational discourse.

So how come he never had a problem with it until 5+ years after being in the league? Tell us.

Now you are asking me to make assumptions about things I have no way of knowing? Are you for real. If you want to twist shit to justify your outrage go ahead.

Now you are asking me to make assumptions about things I have no way of knowing? Are you for real. If you want to twist shit to justify your outrage go ahead.
<SelenaWow>

He sucks at his job. That's why he had to turn to activism to get attention in the first place. He's black so he can get away with anything. The kind of racist statements Lebron James made in recent days is as bad as anything he's said. A white athlete who did anything either of them has would never be employed. Kaepernick would be if he didn't suck. Why would Nike want to be represented by a bench warmer?

Back