Coleman vs Bones- MMA grappling styles

the ambush

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Would PRIDE version of Coleman stylistically be a bad matchup for Bones?

I think Bones would smother a younger Coleman in the stand-up and clinch game, similarly what he did to Evans. I just have a hard time imagining Bones ragdolling The Hammer down and holding him down to inflict damage, aka hellbows.

27+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Mark+Coleman+II_xvid_001.gif
15269551.jpg
7913colemanshogun153pri.jpg

Not a troll thread, not looking to address silly replies either. What would Bones and PRIDE Coleman look like based on MMA grappling?

Coleman beats Jones nowadays.

People might think I'm crazy, but listen for a second.

Jones has legit GNP, but Coleman is the godfather of GNP. I've seen the movie the God father, you don't want to mess with that.

Therefore, and I think most of you agree, that Coleman beats Jones in Pride and in fact today.

Where was I going with this? God work is boring.

Jon Jones taught Jesus how To Crucifix.

Jon+Jones+3rd+Annual+Fighters+Only+Mixed+Martial+6GmbsLkfb8Zl.jpg

Coleman beats Jones nowadays.

People might think I'm crazy, but listen for a second.

Jones has legit GNP, but Coleman is the godfather of GNP. I've seen the movie the God father, you don't want to mess with that.

Therefore, and I think most of you agree, that Coleman beats Jones in Pride and in fact today.

Where was I going with this? God work is boring.
I concur.

Early UFC Coleman via head butts

It depends.

Is it Coleman from Pride who looked all swole up to the gills?

Because if so, then he still gets that ass busted by Jon Jones.

I'm a coleman super fan. Dude is a beast.
But a one dimensional wrestler isn't beating Jones. Prime or not.

No version of Coleman is getting close enough to take Jones down, Jones would however take Coleman down and finish him after Coleman gasses in the 2nd round.

Prime Mark Coleman's wrestling is a problem for everyone.

Coleman could win the first round or two with takedowns, but he couldn't finish. Jones would eventually pick him apart on the feet or get his on takedown/sweep/reversal.

Would PRIDE version of Coleman stylistically be a bad matchup for Bones?

Jones is not just some mediocre wrestler, he is a very good wrestler and athletic and one that has ragrolled big LHW wrestlers so Colmans job wont be easy.

Also Colman was one dimensional as others have said. Jones would beat him on the feet fairly easily and if coleman can't secure a take down he will get beaten pretty badly.

Last edited:
You guys are insane. Coleman would never get Jones down. Jones has already beaten modern day wrestlers that are far better than coleman ever was. Coleman is a dinosaur, and could never beat the top guys of the sport, which is why he was never champion. Aside from his initial run in the old ufc days. In modern times, he was never good enough to beat any top guys.

Obrien, Bader, Maty, Hamill, Rashad,

He has actually fought better wrestlers than Coleman.

Go look up Coleman's wrestling credentials and tell me you're comfortable with that statement.

Go look up Coleman's wrestling credentials and tell me you're comfortable with that statement.

Better as has faced better opponents and Coleman was a good MMA wrestler, not a great MMA wrestler.

He fought Couture a bit too late but I always thought couture was better.

Back