Coleman - If you call Dana White a "DR" you would be facing some stiff competition

DW would have fired him before the post-fight presser, lol.

Lawal has no one to blame for the loss but himself. I was thrilled to see a nod to Pride judging with Rampage getting the win, because he DEFINITELY "won the fight".

I love Rampage and was rooting for him but there is just no way he won that fight. That was one of the worst robberies ever.

people do not realise that dana does not make matches
he takes more part in the public image of the company
and doing the negotiations
if someone called Dana a DR , dana would diarrehae over that person's image but that would be about it, and maybe make contract negotiations stiff

Is angrily calling someone a rider of phallus a homophobic insult that implies that love between men is bad and disgraceful? UFC would have cut the fighter for this surely. Mo was probably jealous because he thought he had the exclusive right to hump Rampage. Thanks Bjorn for not making that h3ll of a PPV main event show last for another 2 rounds.

if someone called Dana a DR , dana would diarrehae over that person's image but that would be about it, and maybe make contract negotiations stiff

And how would you know for sure?
Dana has announced some matches very quickly after a fighter put a name down. Its not clear how to UFC makes its matchups and I doubt Joe Silva is the only one working all day making them.

pretty good interview with coleman. i agree with much of what he said.

i know dana doesn't do the match making per se, but one would have to be pretty naive not to think he doesn't make a contribution, or suggestions. as a prior poster mentioned, look at the gauntlet he put tito through, which reminds me of how shit went down with randy after he and zuffa had their little "misunderstanding".

say what you want about dana, but he commands respect from the fighters on zuffa's payroll.

Call Andy Wang a "DR" and see what happens to your face...

I remember watching a Youtube video of Coleman with Wes Sims in the background dancing with money after a fight. Coleman was saying something like "we got to get those canadians out of there" like out of our country? I think he's a little punch drunk in a lot of these interviews

I love Rampage and was rooting for him but there is just no way he won that fight. That was one of the worst robberies ever.

i love king mo and i'm rooting for him since he wrestled in highschool but dry humping shouldn't win you a fight.

And how would you know for sure?
Dana has announced some matches very quickly after a fighter put a name down. Its not clear how to UFC makes its matchups and I doubt Joe Silva is the only one working all day making them.

well speculation same as you
however i was explain my reasoning
ufc has specific people designated to
match making: silva and shelby
Promoter & President : Dana white
Co Owners : Fertitas
these positions would lead me to believe majority of the matchmaking team is done by silva shelby and team
whereas dana takes care more of the promotional aspect of the UFC
dunno man
wild shot in the dark

Call Andy Wang a "DR" and see what happens to your face...

24y30y1.jpg

I definately like more this calm and collected Coleman
image.resize.940.529.jpg

Than his former self
colemanshogun1.jpg

Dana isn't the official matchmaker but if you think he doesn't play a major role in main card matchmaking you are more then a little naive.

It's pretty much what happened to Tito.

Ever since he the Rashad Evans draw, he's had ONE fight for the rest of his MMA career in which he was the betting favorite.

maybe it was because the game passed him up

Ever since he the Rashad Evans draw, he's had ONE fight for the rest of his MMA career in which he was the betting favorite.

Your point being that by constantly being matched up against top level competition in either main or co-main events, the UFC was somehow abusing him?

They paid Tito too much money for him to receive any tune up fights. Need to cash in on that name value and not risk him losing to the Matt Hamills............oh wait.

Forrest x 2, Hamill, and Little Nog were winnable fights for Tito. He just failed to win them.

Saying those are overly tough matchups is tantamount to saying Tito is washed up and no longer top ten material.

Was the dickrider/stiff competition thing a pun? Cause it not then it should have been.

Like Jon Fitch or Yushin Okami or even Machida?

If Dana White doesn't want you to fight for the championship because he doesn't like your style or feels disrespected, you are going to keep getting stepped over. Yeah, Okami finally got his shot after being shuffled several times, and Machida is back in the Big Show, but he had a period where he was the obvious next in line (hell, he was even the crowned #1 contender), and Dana still mixed it up.

All 3 of those guys got title shots, Machida is scheduled for his 3rd shot...

Back