Cole Miller uses a racially derogratory remark against Conor Mcgregor

I'm surprised nobody caught onto this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VUOcD4VF88

At 28:38 "I'm gonna buy his mom a caravan in periwinkle blue".

Mickey, the Irish gypsy in the movie Snatch. Buys his mom a caravan in periwinkle blue. Later in the film she's burned to death in her caravan by his enemy.

Conor was doing a good job of hyping the fight. He used the m word a few times but in a slang context and he got under Cole's skin. Cole had no responses. So just before Cole leaves the show he insults Conor's mom and nationality by referencing the movie. He made it personal.

I wanted Cole to win this one but he lost my support.

Lmao! Love the reference!

Btw it's not racial. And IMO Conor will beat him

So it's only racist if your ethnicity is "viewed as negative" in a particular country? Racism is racism. You don't get to pick and choose what is considered racist!

Thanks, I needed to be talked down to by a know-it -all today.

Actually, if you read what I wrote, you would see that I was explaining that people would not be offended in the US at this point (which obviously is the case based on the responses), and not telling people that they should or should not be offended by something. If you are going to try to change the world, at least have a clue.

Connor is going to make such an example out of him it's not funny. He knows he is under the microscope and I think he is going fucking ballistic on Miller once the bell rings. I am one of those guys who don't have any problems with self made hypers setting themselves apart from the rest. As long as he performs and shows the skill to match his BS I think it's great for the sport. I kind of admire it actually, you have to have balls when you think about it. Losing is not an option after all the fucking clothing line , commercials and dapper mustache gimmicks he has come up with. He is literally on a tight-wire in terms of credibility. He stands to lose so much if he shows anything less than a steller performance. HE has the tools and is a beast of a specimen, both thick and gnarly. THE HOUND OF ULSTER COMMETH...GO IRELAND !

I've read through and seems the overwhelming majority think it's ridiculous and someone seems to think sand in vaginas is racist against the Arabs.

I feel I've learned a lot today.

Someone has to stick up for our Arab brothers (women don't count).

Also, sarcasm annnnnnnnnnnd Wasteland.:icon_chee

??

1) Being a Gypsy isn't exclusive to the Irish. And there is an entire subculture built around it and there is no consensus that it is a negative

2) A gypsy is someone who is basically a nomad or a wanderer. They normally travel in groups and have their own mores and codes. Again, nothing inherently negative about being a gypsy. It is simply a lifestyle choice

3) You would have a better argument trying to really reach and claim quoting a movie as smack talk was some type of subtle threat against his mother meant to be taken literally. And of course that would be absurd.

4) This thread is retarded

5) This is a great illustration of how we have gotten so overly PC at times that people have to walk on eggshells and give boring, canned responses because someone is always trying to put everything under a microscope for anything they can find to try to twist into something way more than it is.

You know the best way to combat racism? Speak out when its actually racism. Crying wolf is more detrimental than saying nothing.

If he was fighting a black person and said he would buy his mother a watermelon he would be cut.

If he was fighting a black person and said he would buy his mother a watermelon he would be cut.

are you implying that "black people" have some sort of affinity towards watermelon, wow way to perpetuate an unfounded stereotype?

i'll have you know that as a white guy I too enjoy melons be they cantalopes,honey dews,watermelons, or youre wifes melons

everyone loves melons

are you implying that "black people" have some sort of affinity towards watermelon, wow way to perpetuate an unfounded stereotype?

i'll have you know that as a white guy I too enjoy melons be they cantalopes,honey dews,watermelons, or youre wifes melons

everyone loves melons

honestly who doesn't love some melons these days! Now fried chicken.... that's a different story

Back