Cole Miller Out vs. Conor McGregor @ Fight Night Dublin. Diego Brandao Replaces Him

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Bleacher Report & MMA Junkie Confirms.

Cole Miller injured his thumb and is out of the main event fight. Diego Brandao Replaces him.

Here's the article by MMAFighting: http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/3...miller-injury-conor-mcgregor-vs-diego-brandao

Irish featherweight prospect Conor McGregor is slated to challenge Diego Brandao in the main event of UFC Fight Night 46, as McGregor's initial opponent, Cole Miller, was forced to withdraw from the contest after suffering torn ligaments in his right thumb, UFC officials announced on Tuesday.

McGregor (14-2) and Miller (21-8) were expected to settle their long-standing grudge match at the summer event, which marks the UFC's first trip to Dublin, Ireland since 2009.

The feud between the two featherweights originated in late-2013, when Miller publicly chided McGregor and referred to the Irishman as "Colin McGoober." Of late, the pair engaged in a memorable trash-talk exchange on The MMA Hour, during which McGregor labeled Miller as a "jobber" and insisted the American thank him for elevating him into a main event.

Miller told MMAFighting.com that he'll be out of action for at least another four weeks due to the injury, which is the same hand he injured in January, although he believes both injuries aren't related.

"Cardio is my only option," he said. "Can not make a closed fist. Can not strike and I'm not allowed to squeeze anything.

"Of course I want to still fight him, but that's up to the brass."

Now, however, Brandao (18-9) will be the man on the receiving end of McGregor's venom.

The former winner of The Ultimate Fighter 14, Brandao carries a 4-2 record under the UFC banner. He most recently saw an impressive three-fight win streak come to an end at the hands of Dustin Poirier, who knocked the Brazilian out with six seconds remaining in the first round at UFC 168.

UFC Fight Night 46 takes place on July 19, 2014 at The O2 in Dublin. An updated fight card can be seen below.

Conor McGregor vs. Diego Brandao
Gunnar Nelson vs. Zak Cummings
Brad Pickett vs. Ian McCall
Tom Lawlor vs. Ilir Latifi
Neil Seery vs. Phil Harris
Norman Parke vs. Naoyuki Kotani
Tor Troeng vs. Trevor Smith
Cody Donovan vs. Nikita Krylov

Last edited:
Dat duck. Cole talked the talk but couldn't GOAT with the GOAT

Damn, Miller got cold feet fast. No biggie, the GOAT was going to crush him anyways.

Brandao in a 5 round fight.

lol if this is true it's going to hilarious.

Talk about taking the wind out of those sails.

Dodged a bullet

RIP Diego Brandao

Ffs!

Miller would've won by sub.

Wanna see the GOAT smash Brandao

Two scumbags fighting one another? Too bad both can't lose.

I like Cole Miller, jiu-jitsu beast. Called out Cerrone. Classic.

Wonder why they didn't get Dustin Poirer

This is actually a tougher fight imo, but I think Diego will eventually gas and Conor wins by TKO.

Back