Cold Weather in Canada

Experienced -30F wind chill once in upstate New York. Made the mistake of drunkenly going outside in shorts to grab some pizza. Felt like I walked into a fire. Never again.

That’s a regular thing in Calgary and east of there. I’ll never forgive my parents for making me live there.
:rustled:

Or the cop could just put his snow shoes on and catch him on foot if all else fails.
Snow shoes?? N'ah better bring out the true winter heavy artillery.

e981d3e03600b0af77ae086ff5028295.jpg

Was that actually a real thing?

I thought it was some kind of joke, maybe from a movie or something.

Hey, it was on tv so it must be real lol

I also think it's amusing when people complain about cold weather, but at the same time I bitch about anything above 20 c, so I get it.

Live in Courtenay, about 2 hrs north of Victoria and I’m golfing tomorrow.

I’ve been enjoying ice fishing quite a bit lately. I have a shack to keep me warm but spend most of the time oustide.

2EE04413-ECBA-4EF0-8084-9D08F898FE83.jpeg

This is on the Ottawa river. There are normally around 100 shacks on the ice this time of year.

My truck’s gps showing me driving on the river. There is a plowed ice road in the bay.

32345976-4A92-4D12-AD3C-234BD6FDA7F6.jpeg

Yeah, Americans can complain about cold weather - alaska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, New York -- about 1/3 can complain about it
usa-state-temperature-winter-br.jpg

But it will be a cold one here for the next few days.

Meh....its all relative . If you'd have grown up in Georgia than 30 Fahrenheit would be " cold " , it's nothing to feel superior about , though we all as a general rule take any and every opportunity to do so.

I’ve been enjoying ice fishing quite a bit lately. I have a shack to keep me warm but spend most of the time oustide.

View attachment 507423

This is on the Ottawa river. There are normally around 100 shacks on the ice this time of year.

My truck’s gps showing me driving on the river. There is a plowed ice road in the bay.

View attachment 507425
Lovely!!! Enjoy your time outside. It's going to be really cold this weekend so stay warm and have fun.

Yesterday it was about -25 celius including the wind factor where I live. Today it was pretty normal with -14 celcius.

However Saturday and sunday they predict around -26 and -24 celcius.

And I don't even live up north

They say wind chill values will reach near minus 40 overnight in certain regions.

giphy.gif

Whenever I see an American complain about cold weather

giphy.gif
I complain when it gets in to the 50s at night (13 C)

Meh....its all relative . If you'd have grown up in Georgia than 30 Fahrenheit would be " cold " , it's nothing to feel superior about , though we all as a general rule take any and every opportunity to do so.

30 f is pretty cold, that's roughly the average day time temp in Toronto during Jan and Feb. I do see your point though

On Sunday NYC is suppose to down to single digits. I look forward to it.

Walked every day this week - 10000 steps a day

@Shamrocker
Like I said before brother that's just mad to walk in sub zero temperatures ON PURPOSE!
But in the end the Canadians are truly a solid people.It takes a hearty soul to live in those environments and enjoy it!!Fucking love my Canadian Sherbros...you lot truly are badass! @Clippy BLESS

0° in Maine without the wind atm.Waiting on a foot of snow tonight!:(

Yesterday it was about -25 celius including the wind factor where I live. Today it was pretty normal with -14 celcius.

They say wind chill values will reach near minus 40 overnight in certain regions.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
We had an ice storm in Michigan last year on April 15, how was your weather

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

when ever i see canadians talking about cold weather..

Here in Kelowna it’s about 4 C. That’s 39 F. Probably one of the best places to be in Canada, any season.

I duno fam. The drug issues last decade were strange for a city its size. Fires. Also fires.

I spent a fair amount of time in summerland and in all serious the okanagan is one of the best places ive been to in canada.

Ah, it’s not gloomy most of the time. Usually partly cloudy to sunny. This isn’t Vancouver. Plenty of sunshine, except every couple of weeks when there’s precipitation. Dry climate here. Now if you said a couple of hours east in Shuswap area, you’d be right on. Much wetter there.

I spent most of my childhood in Calgary and I had quite enough of the deep freeze and freezing winds. Much milder here and plenty of sunshine.

It’s -15 in Calgary, probably windy too. To hell with that.

I'm sorry but I have to call bullshit on that. I lived in Kelowna for a winter and got so fed up with the clouds that we had to take a trip to big white. A buddy of mine is from northern Ontario but has lived in Kelowna for many years and has to take regular trips away at winter time so he doesn't get depressed. Great place to visit in the summer though if you don't mind the homeless and the keeping up with Jones' crowd... and provided that it's not on fire.

Back