Media Colby with a new persona ?! (No maga hat)

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Just started watching UFC 245 Embedded part 2 and it's the first time I've seen Colby lately without his MAGA hat.

Hes including some light trash talk (similar to other fighters) but a far cry from the usual persona.

Is this isolated or are we seeing the evolution of a more normal Colby going forward?!

Hoping it's the latter! And curious if it's to prep for a potential loss - if he loses while being full MAGA troll it would be stupid so perhaps he's dropping crumbs so a humble-in-defeat look will be accepted come Saturday

Breaking news: guy takes his hat off for a few minutes.

It’s about time he stopped wearing that same filthy, worn out hat. He should’ve used some of his private jet money to buy more than one hat.

Usman by UD.

He found out his MAGA hat was made in China.

Not just the lack of hat, he's calmer and less cringy in this video too. Combine that with his recent talk-show admission that he picked up the bad guy persona to save his job, it looks like he's scaling back on the act.

Time will tell.

Not just the lack of hat, he's calmer and less cringy in this video too. Combine that with his recent talk-show admission that he picked up the bad guy persona to save his job, it looks like he's scaling back on the act.

Time will tell.
Or it's fight week, he's tired and cutting weight, so he doesn't have the energy to keep up the shtick. If he manages to get past Usman, you better believe he'll cut the promo-iest promo he can muster.

Bald people I know only remove their hat to bathe, and I even have my doubts about that given the lack of witnesses :D

Or it's fight week, he's tired and cutting weight, so he doesn't have the energy to keep up the shtick. If he manages to get past Usman, you better believe he'll cut the promo-iest promo he can muster.

Wouldn't surprise me if he just dialed back on the whole character if he wins the belt.

I mean, it will have served his purpose, and he's got to be getting a bit sick of playing it by now.

He’s probably focused more on preparing for the biggest fight of his career, instead of a gimmick. I could be wrong tho...
source.gif

Usman will win with ease either way. Pillow fist colby will retired this weekend. MARK MY WORDS.

He knows he's about to lose... I was rooting for Colby but now I'm all but positive he's gunna lose

When a fighter doesn't believe in himself any longer , his fans shouldn't either

Wouldn't surprise me if he just dialed back on the whole character if he wins the belt.

I mean, it will have served his purpose, and he's got to be getting a bit sick of playing it by now.
It's a hard character to maintain. When cameras are on, he's gotta be on the whole time or people will make threads about him saying he took his hat off for a minute, and then suddenly the sweater unravels.

Colby take the role of an entertainer (heel). I think he needs a time off too from time to time, while training, spending time with your family and whatnot.

Back