colby v tyron ?!?! help plzz

rb3b3

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why the interim champ is not fighting tyron? is colby hurt? please tell me he is hurt???

He knows he’ll lose, better to make excuses and avoid the fight altogether.

What interim champ? There is no WW interim champ.

3B32A7AC00000578-0-image-m-51_1481715350719.jpg

Colby wasn't able to fight by the time the UFC asked, so they stripped his belt conditionally. That is, as soon as the cage door closes behind Woodley and Till, Colby is no longer the interim champ. He's nursing injuries or needed surgery or something about his health, I can't remember the specifics.

Colby turned down the fight.

You'll have to ask him why. I know it's short notice... but how do you turn down a title fight after all the shit he talked. He may not get this opportunity again.

As much as I hate Colby and think he's a dull fighter with a shitty gimmick, the UFC told him November-ish is when they'd book him and Woodley. Colby books a nasal surgery and would be ready by that time in November. UFC comes back later a day or two before Colby was going into surgery and said September or else because the UFC matchmaking is a giant clusterfuck these days and they don't have any idea what they're doing. Colby got screwed and deserves a title shot far more than Till does. Till shouldn't be sniffing a title shot until 2019 at the earliest. He's all hype.

They passed over a guy with real heat, who's been putting in promo work for over a year for a hype job is the gist of it. Nothing new for the UFC though.

Last edited:
They want to ride that Till hype train. Colby said he wanted time and Dana stripped him.

I'm not a fan of the guy but he got pretty screwed in the scenario. He is not ready to fight by September as he had some sort of septum surgery, but would be ready by November. Also he just fought, how the hell are you going to strip him.

Also Till getting the title shot is laughable considering he weighed in at 178 for his last fight, not to mention it was a pretty contested decision.

Can someone tell me why the interim champ is not fighting tyron? is colby hurt? please tell me he is hurt???

Google could have easily told you that Colby had surgery and wouldn't have been available in time

Back