Colby striking is very good

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Bangkok ready d1, Dec 2, 2019.

1. ExitLUPin

ExitLUPin K

Very good is a stretch but its good no doubt mostly on volume and diversity

its better than Usmans for sure outside of the clinch

2. Spath

Spath Black Belt

This is the most accurate description I have seen in a while. Well put!

<{monica}>

Fahcough likes this.
  3. paynebringer

paynebringer Titanium Ape Planet Belt... Always Defend ♠♠♠

Stop it..! He fought ↓↓↓ RDA who was formerly a LW who's now a small WW and Colby couldn't even hold him down, call it mma math or whatever but he's f*ked against Usman, no amount of bedroom cardio gonna save you...

[​IMG]

4. FlyingDropKick

FlyingDropKick Bruce Lee Style

There's no hole being dug here except by you trying to fan boy Covington like he has power. I never once said powerful punches leave cuts, but in most fights if you hit someone hard enough you will cut them. He literally landed 200 shots on Lawlor and did not cut him or even knock him down, there were was nothing less of carpet burn to his face. Stop trying to pretend he has power because he doesn't. You are right, you can KO someone without cutting them by landing a shot in the right spot, something Covington has NEVER done.

5. Kono dio da!

Kono dio da! Blue Belt

Excellent fighter terrible attitude. Found it ridiculous how confidently so many of my friends picked rda over him. Hope usman smeshes in both stand up and wrestling.

6. theleerygoose

theleerygoose Green Belt

Bro if your face looks like that after sparing you need to find a new gym to go to before you get CTE

7. Joshuagilbert91

Joshuagilbert91 "are you fucking mirin' brah?"

It was embarrassing seeing that pittypat shit he did to Robbie. Robbie should have walked thru them and hit Colby with bigger punches. Robbie didn't look like himself at all that night.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    paynebringer likes this.
  8. NoContest

NoContest Brown Belt

You know jack shit about mma. It was pretty clear in that fight that Robbie was feeling Colby's punches and that's why he wasn't able to fight like he usually does. But you admit Colby just didn't land in the right spot, it's not because he doesn't have power.

Over 50 minutes, Lawler was never able to KO Hendricks. I guess he must not have any power, huh?

Nick Diaz put Robbie's lights out. I guess he must be a real power puncher, huh?

9. paynebringer

And if you think Robbie's face looks that bad and got CTE from that, then you must not fight at all... <mma3>

10. POWER2

POWER2 Red Belt

[​IMG]

11. spacetime

spacetime Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Savage

12. Regal Boy

Regal Boy Blue Belt

It fundamentally comes down to the FACT that if you can't wrestle then you can't fight and you're just a weak bitch.

This is why I always say that MMA strikers are actually superior strikers to boxers and such, because they refine their striking in the context of a real fight. You have to move and shift your weight and all that differently in an MMA fight and a Muay Thai fight and a Boxing fight. They're all different, and Muay Thai and Boxing are actually not even accurate depictions of how to do it realistically.

There is pretty much no point in training in anything other than MMA at this point, all the other shit is outright inferior.

dominion likes this.
  13. theleerygoose

theleerygoose Green Belt

Is that what I said? Read it again.

What I said is if you look like that after sparing sessions your doing it wrong and will get CTE.

14. paynebringer

You think Robbie's face is messed up I don't, you assume if I'm sparring to that level I'm doing it too hard. An ice pack and a hour Robbie's good again those are just abrasions blood at the skin surface they can be cooled back into order.

15. Regal Boy

Regal Boy Blue Belt

If you can't strike inside a complete fight (vale tudo/mma/whatever) you can't strike.

Pure striking matches are not valid indicators of striking prowess, much like pure grappling/wrestling matches are not valid indicators of wrestling prowess.

Its over. The ONLY thing that matters is MMA now in terms of martial art ability. Everything else is objectively trash.

16. theleerygoose

theleerygoose Green Belt

Yes sparing at that level is absolutely too hard. Comparing his face to a sparing session is clearly an exaggeration you should be called out for.

Go ahead and spar that way for an extended period of time if it suits you. Let me know how that works out.

17. Local Plata

Local Plata Hitchslap Belt Yellow Card

To be fair, that fight was fixed as fuck and Robbie just stood there taking hundreds of bitch ass baby punches for half an hour.

paynebringer likes this.
  18. paynebringer

Don't worry about me son, I'm good...

19. Huligani

Huligani Number One Bullshit

That's from 600 punches. Those are very minimal results for 600 punches thrown.

But it works and that's what matters. I'm no Colby hater, but if you're saying Colby has power then you're delusional, the guy can't bust a grape. But that's just not his style, he's a point fighter through and through. He has very good fight IQ and his style is tough to overcome.

20. spinitch

spinitch Purple Belt

Colby wins. His pace and wrestling threat help his striking but that is good balance in his offense.

dominion likes this.