Colby striking is very good

Who? Barboza had like 160 strikes landed on him and looked perfectly fine. People point to the Lawler fight as proof of the lack of damage in Colby's striking but there are at least marks on Lawler. Barboza has no marks at all.

He fought 4 months after losing to khabib so the damage couldn't have been that bad.

I'm talking the physical damage of getting grown men to quit fighting, Colby never ever made a single opponent quit ever...

EBFNG1TXYAAezxJ.jpg

Looks like a day of sparring for Robbie. In 16 fights, Cody has two TKO's (last one being over 3 years ago), and zero KO's on his record...he does have 5 Dec's in a row, though.

tenor.gif

Looks to have more power than khabib does.
He has more volume. Definitely not more power. Volume can be more useful than power at times tho. Definitely suits Colby's style more.

Damn, dude. You sure are defensive when it comes to your boy Khabib lol.
Defensive ? @chinarice has openly admitted he despises the guy, yet seems to mention him in every thread, no matter the topic. I'm I wrong in highlighting that..
{<shrug}

I'm talking the physical damage of getting grown men to quit fighting, Colby never ever made a single opponent quit ever...
Well that's entirely different than the discussion
He doesn't make anyone quit from damage accumulation. He makes guys quit from constant grappling dominance and exhausting his opponents.....

Just as boxing is a limited rules striking match, so are kickboxing and muay thai. Wrestling is a grappling art but it's a huge element of no holds barred striking too. You can suck ass at kickboxing, muay thai, karate, and boxing and still have amazing striking: see Colby.

I mean look at Kevin Randleman. He had never heard of the term straight punch or kick in his entire life. Yet by faking a takedown he KOd fucking Cro Cop cold.

When Colby moves forward, guys have to worry about not getting underhooked. They position themselves to avoid that, now they're eating straight shots. They position themselves to avoid Colby's shitty punching, they're getting wrestlefucked. Then they're getting dirty boxed up in the clinch. No matter what, they can't win. They basically have to flip a coin and hope they chose Colby's intentions right. The only way to stop it is to not let Colby have the initative; don't let him be the guy pressuring. Good luck doing that against his wrestling and his cardio..

Fucking Chael Sonnen dropped Anderson with this kind of shit with some of the shittiest punches I've ever seen.
this

Well that's entirely different than the discussion
He doesn't make anyone quit from damage accumulation. He makes guys quit from constant grappling dominance and exhausting his opponents.....

The topic of this thread is supposed to be "Colby's striking is very good" which is utter bullshIt but like most threads they veer left/right Khabib is just more threatening than Covington in every manner of fighting to me despite their weight division apart.

He did show a good and disrubtive frontkick to body and face in his last 2 fights or so, but to call his striking very good is a stretch.

There is as much power behind his punches as a 5 year old with pillows in his hands.
Firstly you are grossly exaggerating.

Secondly, it's not about the power of any one shot. It's about the fact that he keeps touching you and touching you. And all the while you're getting more and more tired. Then at some point you're essentially defenseless getting constantly tagged. That damage starts to accumulate, and after 5 rounds it becomes significant.

If you ever actually did martial arts seriously, you would know there is nothing more terrifying than being completely gassed out and having someone throw punches at you. It's a very helpless feeling.

The topic of this thread is supposed to be "Colby's striking is very good" which is utter bullshIt but like most threads they veer left/right Khabib is just more threatening than Covington in every manner of fighting to me despite their weight division apart.
I think that Colby is far more relentless standing than khabib is.

Back