Media Colby Speaks On Fight with Lawler..

Who wins?

• Total voters
He brings a hell of a lot more attention to the sport than majority of the roster.

The boy talks a big game, people will tune in to see if he can back it up.

So yes, IMO he does a pretty good job @ selling a fight.

Nobody, outside of hardware fans, even remembers who Colby is.

Where's Robbie training at these days? I know he was at ATT for a but since the Woodley fight I've seen footage of him training with Henry Hooft. Does he got his own people around him now? Is he getting a bunch of different looks?

He can sell given the right matchup.

Had the fight with Woodley materialized, it would have sold like cupcakes. People were compelled to that storyline, whether they admit it or not.

A fight with Kamaru will also sell, especially when considering the altercation with Ali and Marty.

Against Robbie, there's no particular storyline and/or grudge. So the numbers on that one will be average at best.
Rofl it wouldnt have sold shit

One things for sure, Ben wanted NOTHING to do with the Lawler rematch.

giphy.gif
i would really like to see that one.

Askren can become fast a champ, so the rematch would be even better

Didnt colby say that trump jr will come watch his fight ? Imagine he wins and trump jr comes up to talk in the octagon about fake news

Past it Robbie couldn't take out Cerrone yet flash KO'd Askren 3 times.idk I don't see Colby getting stopped by good ol' Ruthless. Would love to see it though.

Where's Robbie training at these days? I know he was at ATT for a but since the Woodley fight I've seen footage of him training with Henry Hooft. Does he got his own people around him now? Is he getting a bunch of different looks?
Hard Knocks 365. Rockhold also left AKA to go there & Usman is there as well.

Past it Robbie couldn't take out Cerrone yet flash KO'd Askren 3 times.idk I don't see Colby getting stopped by good ol' Ruthless. Would love to see it though.

Hard Knocks 365. Rockhold also left AKA to go there & Usman is there as well.

Good stuff. Thank ya sir

Does he sell fights tho? Seems like a while since he fought RDA and I dont recall there being any hype going into that one.

Dana trying to kill 2 birds with one stone with this matchup. Robbies the guy Dana calls when he wants someone gone. If Colby gets bodied then Dana doesn't have to deal with his bullshit anymore, conversely of robbie loses "sorry bud, back of the pile" and he doesn't have to worry about robbie fucking up any prospects.

Honestly.

Robbie is my favorite of all time. And it pains me to say this. I don’t even think Robbie could finish me at this point in his career. He’d get his shots in but I still probably walk with decision on output alone. Doubt I get finish if I’m being honest

He brings a hell of a lot more attention to the sport than majority of the roster.

The boy talks a big game, people will tune in to see if he can back it up.

So yes, IMO he does a pretty good job @ selling a fight.

I always use the same example by comparing his social media numbers to Mighty Mouse, who was well know for being a bad PPV draw. Currently, Covington has five time less Twitter followers and six time less Instagram followers than Demetrious Johnson. Let that sink in.

Trolls make him look far bigger and famous that he actually is.

Honestly.

Robbie is my favorite of all time. And it pains me to say this. I don’t even think Robbie could finish me at this point in his career. He’d get his shots in but I still probably walk with decision on output alone. Doubt I get finish if I’m being honest
Lol

View attachment 606809

View attachment 606813

I’m actually pretty excited for this match up.

Love him or hate him, Colby can sell a fight.

Fans will either tune in to see him win, or get his ass kicked.

I could see ESPN doing decent numbers with this card..
Man. Hate to say it but lawler looked like champ lawler. Ie roids lawler according to rory. Props to askren for beating the monster.

One things for sure, Ben wanted NOTHING to do with the Lawler rematch.

giphy.gif

To be fair to Askren, a rematch with Lawler doesn't guarantee a title shot... this is his mission in the UFC

Honestly.

Well if Nate banged your mom you probably inherited some manner of Diaz chin so FWIW you come by it honestly. Robbie does have a losing record against Diaz's afterall.

<{natewhut}>

Why do the interm title fights then? Because it seems like that doesn’t guarantee you anything...

Why do the interm title fights then? Because it seems like that doesn’t guarantee you anything...

Covington wasn't ready when Woodley was, and that's literally the only job of an interim champ.

Rooting for Ruthless.
He looked amazing in the last fight, even though he lost.
I would prefer Robbie vs Masvidal, Usman vs Colby, Askren vs Maia, Woodley vs RDA, Ponzi vs Wboy and Pettis vs Nate. Only the last one will happen... hopefully.

Back