Colby Snooze Covington slams UFC for ‘slave labor negotiations’

It's not slave labor negotiations, he simply doesn't have any leverage. He better take the fight for the price given or things won't be looking good for him

Konor had the most leverage you'd think. Look what happened to him at ufc 200. They took him off the card like a prelim trash.

Konor had the most leverage you'd think. Look what happened to him at ufc 200. They took him off the card like a prelim trash.

He was getting paid though, the problem is he didn't wanna do media which was why he was so valuable in the first place

Corporations and politicians in America and Europe have waged war on democracy since 1976.

This.

Rest of your post is interesting ill have to check out those links. Im a Moderate and see corruption on all sides but what I see on the current Right stinks of "we'll do and say anything for out Master's corporate tax cuts". They used to be party of 'Family/Traditional Values' -yeah right. Excessive immigration can be a problem to a Country's identity and strain welfare resources, but even standard, well tolerated immigration can be used by Corporate Masters who needs their pawns to fight "They're invading! You'd have a great House affording salary picking oranges right now if it wasnt for THEM!!". Debate with them and they'll call you a communist -oldest trick in book.

He is right. Even their shittiest events bring in millions. The brand is worth billions. There is multiple games, Action figures. Clothing lines. Tv deals, Online services. The list goes on and on. The fighters should all be getting paid more. Nothing will change until Fighters joins the rest of the sports and unionize. It will be run by crooked promoters like Don King, Dana White and the rest of em until these guys and girls get together once and for all.

I thought for sure they would have made one when the whole Reebok thing happened. Taking away sponsors really hurt everyone. They tried a few times but can't seem to get it going. This generation of fighters Colby's age all saw what happened to the Coleman's, Don Fry's, Chuck Liddell's and Tank Abbots and many others. They are left battered and penniless. Hall of famer fighters who should all be good will ambassadors for the sport but somehow got used, abused and replaced with the new guy. This generation of new guys has gotta get together and figure something out or nothing will change.

Colby is a ass. He still deserves more money though. They all do. It is goddamn highway robbery when they show the payouts for people who are bleeding on live tv for entertainment. No way in hell would I let my son be a Fighter. No fucking way. He could make more money being a lowly contractor like me, or a landscaper. or even a fucking waiter or bartender. I have no idea what these guys are thinking showing up and bleeding on tv for 5k. It is just not right.

If they can make money with any card they put out, what sense does it make to pay low drawing replaceable fighters?

He doesn't get it lol. In HIS case, he is being offered what they know he's worth-not a lot. His last fight set a record low viewing, he has 5 straight Dec's, and this...

Cody:

- Twitter: 81.6K
- IG: 220K
- Youtube: 0
- Facebook: 26,551

Nate Diaz (for comparison):

- Twitter: 1.7M
- IG: 3.2M
- Youtube: 61K
- Facebook: 814,500K

I've posted these before, and I'm sure I will again. He is NOT a needle mover.

if him and Marty aren't careful, that BMF title fight can turn into a UFC title fight real quick

He's right, but, damn Colby, don't ruin your career. One more post like this at UFC and he's gone. If they're not planning to dump him already. He said they tried to cut him like 1 or 2 years ago on a winning streak. What is he doing..?

He's messing up thinking he's far more than what he's worth

“That’s how UFC does business, they do the bully tactics,” he said. “They do the slave labor negotiations. It’s sick man. They don’t want to pay any of the fighters because they want everybody to be poor, so they keep back coming back and fighting all the time, and fighting six times a year.”
tenor.gif

Yeah, I cant disagree with the message but damn we need a better messenger.
This...

First coherent thing that colbys has said that i agree with me...

But also cant stand him or think hes that good..so fuck em

But fighter pay is downright bull for some of these guys

If they can make money with any card they put out, what sense does it make to pay low drawing replaceable fighters?

I guess everyone is replaceable in the end. That said, if the two best WW in the world are replaced with lower ranked guys they already beat, You can't exactly argue that your organization is the best in the world. Something the UFC boasts about all the time. Dana is always bragging about being number 1 and having the best guys. If he were to just replace em, then all that credibility gets flushed down the toilet. It also would not help attracting new guys to the sport if they keep treating their champs like chumps. If they are just replaced then the whole organization loses credibility. It is bad enough the Bellator org is currently holding a tournament where the winner gets 1 millions dollars and has some pretty good guys. So its a tough pickle the UFC is in. Gotta pay up and bite the bullet or eat crow and be known as the second best org in the world.

If they lose Usman and Colby to Bellator, How does that look to a kid who dreams about being the best WW fighter in the world? He looks at UFC's roster and pay and compares it to Bellator, then quickly comes to the conclusion that to be the best in the world, He must go to Bellator and beat their champion. Sure business is business but bad decisions have long term social and economical effects. It is the same with other sports like Basketball, Hockey and football, When a organization loses its stars because they refuse to pay em. They fall from grace and get bumped outta contention.

Last edited:
I guess everyone is replaceable in the end. That said, if the two best WW in the world are replaced with lower ranked guys they already beat, You can't exactly argue that your organization is the best in the world. Something the UFC boasts about all the time. Dana is always bragging about being number 1 and having the best guys. If he were to just replace em, then all that credibility gets flushed down the toilet. It also would not help attracting new guys to the sport if they keep treating their champs like chumps. If they are just replaced then the whole organization loses credibility. It is bad enough the Bellator org is currently holding a tournament where the winner gets 1 millions dollars and has some pretty good guys. So its a tough pickle the UFC is in. Gotta pay up and bite the bullet or eat crow and be known as the second best org in the world.

If they lose Usman and Colby to Bellator, How does that look to a kid who dreams about being the best WW fighter in the world? He looks at UFC's roster and pay and compares it to Bellator, then quickly comes to the conclusion that to be the best in the world, He must go to Bellator and beat their champion. Sure business is business but bad decisions have long term social and economical effects. It is the same with other sports like Basketball, Hockey and football, When a organization loses its stars because they refuse to pay em. They fall from grace and get bumped outta contention.

That's the thing, Usman and Covington are not stars, very few people know them and even less people are willing to pay to see them. These 2 fighters were offered a fight and they both refused to step up citing money issues.

Both of these guys signed contracts stipulating the pay they recieved and were set to get even more because it was a title fight. Given their lack of draw, what makes them think they're entitled to more than that?

Back