Colby further confirms the rumors: "I know they are trying to get Jon Jones for 230"

Why would ESPN want to talk to him now? A humiliated alleged drug cheat. Agreed they want endless mindless cheap content over quality but they need one guy to point to. I believe its jon jones for reasons already stated. I could be wrong, he doesnt deserve an 8th chance, but UFC has nobody right now. Conor fights every 2 years and GSP lurks in shadows waiting for the stock market and Brock is coming for a one off. I dont know man. I believe what I believe.

ok so jon jones on ppvs main events still does nothing for espn plus.

I be glad when the main event is public so all the fake news will stop.

I said this would happen last night TS. Nothing new here. Jon reentered the testing pool three weeks ago. Also.. fight game. Are u people blind? Believing Jon is getting 4 years is literally as crazy as believing in Santa.

If you think him reentering the testing pool means his suspension is about to up, you don’t know much about how USADA works.

In Jones most recent interview he said he submitted all the information he has to USADA and is hoping they reduce the 4 years, and if they don’t he might go fight overseas. It doesn’t sound like Jones is even confident about his chances.

that be a good open on a ppv or maybe a fight night main event fight.,

MSG would never be the same after that main event. I wish people could just see the true beauty of the world hiding everywhere around them.

<{hughesimpress}>

giphy.gif

Covington isn't confirming a rumor, he's propagating it.
giphy.gif

Furthermore:
-WADA would overturn a 1 year retroactive suspension.
-Jones' license is still revoked by CSAC.

MSG would never be the same after that main event. I wish people could just see the true beauty of the world hiding everywhere around them.

<{hughesimpress}>

so nick diaz vs Robbie lawlor is the ppv for ufc 230 that get you to buy a ticket to it.

diaz brothers are the draw people think they are cause of the conor fight.

come on nate diaz title fight was on free tv tell you all you need to know.

If you think him reentering the testing pool means his suspension is about to up, you don’t know much about how USADA works.

In Jones most recent interview he said he submitted all the information he has to USADA and is hoping they reduce the 4 years, and if they don’t he might go fight overseas. It doesn’t sound like Jones is even confident about his chances.
I just want to hear one option for a main for 230. UFC loves its even numbers and its MSG. Nobody has offered an alternate theory. They could also just been taking the temperature of the situation if Jon returned. The reaction is seemingly very negative (at least amongst hardcores) maybe they will look elsewhere. Chad Dundas said Woodley if he gets through till quickly last week on co main event. Sounds possible but Dana hates Tyron hes not a draw that only makes sense in the context of Conor actually beating Khabib and actually wanting to go for champ champ champ status or if Nate and Tyron win Tyron been begging for him. So maybe Tyron vs Colby or Usman. I could be wrong but Gus went from whiny B to silent overnight. I think the UFC is trying very hard to bring back Jon but if that means risking legitimacy or risking a fighter dying on live television isnt worth a fuck up like Jon. I'm just so jaded and cynical these days. Hope jon gets 4 years. Yeah google agrees Woodley makes most sense apparently. But that would have had to have been in Conors demands because Dana would rather sit on a pole then give Tyron main event of a big PPV at MSG. Hes not a draw, either.

so nick diaz vs Robbie lawlor is the ppv for ufc 230 that get you to buy a ticket to it.

diaz brothers are the draw people think they are cause of the conor fight.

come on nate diaz title fight was on free tv tell you all you need to know.

UFC 230: Lawler vs Diaz 2

giphy.gif

Finally Colby saying something of interest...

Oh wait we have heard this for quite some time now.

Colby on folks, Colby on...

Jones needs to sue USADA or someone. Either officially suspend him or let him fight. He is losing money while the bureaucracy tolls away his life.

I just want to hear one option for a main for 230...

They don't have many options. But that has nothing to do with Jones. If the UFC could pay a couple million dollars to have Jones return I'm sure they would do it, but it is completely out of their hands.

I think for UFC 230 they will either 1.) Nick Diaz vs GSP or GSP vs A Silva (if they can work a deal with USADA to release Silva 7 days early from his supension) 2.) Create an interim Heavyweight title since Daniel Cormeir is sitting on the belt and maybe do Stipe vs Gus at heavyweight, or Stipe vs JDS 3 or Stipe vs Anthony Johnson (if they offer him enough money to come back). 3.) Make Diaz vs Dustin the main event. 4.) I also think they will push for Tyron vs Colby. You say Tyron isn’t a draw, but the card is stacked and at MSG so it should sell pretty well regardless. Plus Colby is a big rivalry for him and Woodley just had a great performance so it would be a bigger buyrate than usual. Dan might hate Woodley but he hates not having a main event title fight even more. 4.) TJ Dillashaw should be available and they can try to book him vs Marlon. 5.) Valentina is ready to fight, they can put her against JJ for 125lb title or the next best contender. 6.) Rose isn’t fighting so they could make an interim 115 title with Andrade vs JJ. 8.) A comeback “legends” fight like Dan Henderson vs Forest Griffin.

I ranked these in order of most likely to happen vs least likely to happen, except for the first option, GSP/Diaz/Silva is really dependent on what those fighters are willing to do and how much the UFC is willing to pay.

Never going to happen.

CSAC meeting Jones literally told the commission that he forged the documents, didn't follow there protocol, and that he didn't have any excuses for the PED ("uh i don't know how it happend).

He's done
Their, not there

And Jon is coming back very soon

If they let Jon Jones fight then there’s literally no other explanation for it than they’re corrupt.

They should put Colby in there against Jon Jones, that'll be worth the PPV price.

I have a policy of not believing any word that comes out of Colby's mouth, and see no reason to change my policy now.

Yeah he's a moron for admitting that, but his CSAC suspension is over.

Edit: No suspension, license revoked until August 2018.
They basically said your license is gonna expire in August and the USADA ruling will determine if we can reinstate you/grant you a future license to compete (he has no license at the moment and can't be reinstated until USADA is done with him).

It's basically the equivalent of suspending someone indefinitely (no permission/license until USADA sentence is over)

Back