Colby Covington wants to fight Israel Adesanya

He doesn't deserve the title shot? What did Jorge do to earn his rematch and 2nd title shot? I like Jorge but he got dominated the first fight, knocked out the 2nd fight... Colby was tied 2-2 going into the 5th round with a broken jaw, that put on arguably one of the best title fights in the WW class definitely one of the best title fights that year... I see the point that guys need to claw their way back up the ladder, but Usman has been destroying guys.. how else is a guy more deserving than literally having the Boss Dana White say I want Colby to fight Usman.. that's as deserving as you get.

When your justification for Colby is is "But Jorge...", you know Colby doesn't deserve shit.

At least you can't say he isn't afraid to jump weight classes unlike Usman. He may or not present certain changes to that fight — if it ever happens.

XPTs6oD.jpg

{<jordan}

Outstanding.

When your justification for Colby is is "But Jorge...", you know Colby doesn't deserve shit.
So the whole bit about how Dana White literally wanted the fight to happen.. the freaking Boss... wants the fight, that isn't implied in my justification? I never even said "But Jorge" I said I like Jorge, but he got dominated the whole first fight, and Ko'ed in the 2nd.. that I understand wanting a person to claw back their way up the ladder..

My whole justification is that Colby put on by far the best title fight against Usman, out of literally every single fighter he has every fought while in the UFC... and one of the best title fights of the year and of the weight class... yet you simplify my words as "But Jorge" Do you just not read or do you like to morph what I said to fit your narrative, because I included a lot, and have been a fan for a long ass time in this sport.

I like seeing variety just as much as someone else when it comes to who the Champion gets to fight, especially if that champion is dominant. You make the Colby vs Usman 2 before Usman loses... you make that while he is still defending the belt.. That is the best time to set that fight back up, after seeing Jorge get Ko'd.. Colby should have got the rematch first all along. You can look at guys who should be next in line.. but I laugh when people don't look at it from a business stand point. What is the most likely fight to sell the most PPV in that damn Weight class?? Usman vs Chiesa? LMAO.. Usman vs Edwards? nah.. none of those will have the most buzz with the most people talking about the fight as Covington vs Usman 2... You don't have to like it, and damn straight they need to inject some new challenger blood into the title fight picture for the WW division, but this fight has to happen as a title fight while Usman is still on the run.. If he is as dominant as he has shown, none of it will even matter cause he will run through Colby, and wreck the other dudes in line as well.

Colby Doesn't Deserve Shit? He has been the only guy that literally has shown that he has it possible to get the best of Usman. The Boss man Dana White literally called their first fight one of the best fights he has ever seen.

Next time you smash on someone's opinion with direct reply, at least offer the alternative, otherwise you just basically are saying you don't like the idea.. Wow... that is all you have to add?

No one under 185lbs is beating Adesanya.

Well he's got bigger chance of beating Izzy than Marty. Izzy is onedimensional counterstriker.

Just imagine if this would happen ...
I see him beating Usman to be honest, in the first fight I had Colby leading on the scorecards

Colby is just too small for Izzy, plain and simple. If he was 15lbs bigger naturally then it would be interesting but still goes similar to Izzy/Vett 2.

You should! It's worth reading!

At least i hope so... :oops:

You forgot to mention KeyboardFighter also said that at the end of the day (so in conclussion) there's a huge size difference. So he already touched on that too, which makes it balanced. The other guy just started seeing red because KeyboardFighter was somewhat complimentary with the first half of his post, which resulted in KeyboardFighter's conclussion not even registering with him, as he felt the need to emphasize just that same aspect to me in his emotional rant.

Simply put, just another SDer getting triggered over nothing and unable to think clearly and rationally.

<Fedor23>

Last edited:
So the whole bit about how Dana White literally wanted the fight to happen.. the freaking Boss... wants the fight, that isn't implied in my justification? I never even said "But Jorge" I said I like Jorge, but he got dominated the whole first fight, and Ko'ed in the 2nd.. that I understand wanting a person to claw back their way up the ladder..

My whole justification is that Colby put on by far the best title fight against Usman, out of literally every single fighter he has every fought while in the UFC... and one of the best title fights of the year and of the weight class... yet you simplify my words as "But Jorge" Do you just not read or do you like to morph what I said to fit your narrative, because I included a lot, and have been a fan for a long ass time in this sport.

I like seeing variety just as much as someone else when it comes to who the Champion gets to fight, especially if that champion is dominant. You make the Colby vs Usman 2 before Usman loses... you make that while he is still defending the belt.. That is the best time to set that fight back up, after seeing Jorge get Ko'd.. Colby should have got the rematch first all along. You can look at guys who should be next in line.. but I laugh when people don't look at it from a business stand point. What is the most likely fight to sell the most PPV in that damn Weight class?? Usman vs Chiesa? LMAO.. Usman vs Edwards? nah.. none of those will have the most buzz with the most people talking about the fight as Covington vs Usman 2... You don't have to like it, and damn straight they need to inject some new challenger blood into the title fight picture for the WW division, but this fight has to happen as a title fight while Usman is still on the run.. If he is as dominant as he has shown, none of it will even matter cause he will run through Colby, and wreck the other dudes in line as well.

Colby Doesn't Deserve Shit? He has been the only guy that literally has shown that he has it possible to get the best of Usman. The Boss man Dana White literally called their first fight one of the best fights he has ever seen.

Next time you smash on someone's opinion with direct reply, at least offer the alternative, otherwise you just basically are saying you don't like the idea.. Wow... that is all you have to add?
Well, in fairness, when Dana White is mentioned it can always be countered with the usual "don't believe his lies" meme.

I would actually like to see that fight. Colby is longer than Kelvin, who was Izzy’s toughest fight. Izzy isn’t that heavy on fight night either. So if Colby is able to close the gap, threating with TD’s and keeps his pressure, he could make it competitive. Izzy should be the clear favourite though

I want to see Colby VS Boomer Rang 2, no cops called this time, could be a good matchup too.

This fool couldnt even finish the ghost of Twood and wants to fight Izzy?

A cardio machine that won't stop putting on pressure, and can wrestle.

The perfect style to beat izzy.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if he won.

Just matchup wise I think it suits Colby. Good striking and very good takedowns. But at the end of the day Izzy is a weight class above and Colby is a somewhat small WW.
Colby is very susceptible to counters. He doesn’t have the strength or durability that Marvin has and Izzy has great cardio. Nightmare matchup for Colby actually. He’d have a much better chance against costa or kelvin. Bobby and Izzy would absolutely murk Colby and make it look easy.

Back