Colby Covington wants to fight Israel Adesanya

Colby adopted an egotistical character so he has to act like he would fight anyone and beat them.

Now I'm hoping Colby beats Usman.

Interesting matchup. Anyone who says Izzy kills Colby is just being a hater.

Colby match up wise is a good fight for isreal but he will be very undersized.

MW doesn't really have a chain wrestler that has unlimited cardio, That particular fighter would be a good match up against isreal, but colby is not that guy.

Guess he really hates his jaw

He doesn't deserve the title shot? What did Jorge do to earn his rematch and 2nd title shot? I like Jorge but he got dominated the first fight, knocked out the 2nd fight... Colby was tied 2-2 going into the 5th round with a broken jaw, that put on arguably one of the best title fights in the WW class definitely one of the best title fights that year... I see the point that guys need to claw their way back up the ladder, but Usman has been destroying guys.. how else is a guy more deserving than literally having the Boss Dana White say I want Colby to fight Usman.. that's as deserving as you get.

Mas didn’t deserve one either but the UFC was desperate for a WW title fight.

Colby doesn’t deserve one either. All he did was sit around than beat a worn out Woodley.

No, he has a balanced POV.
Bullshit. Covington and his featherfist pose zero threat to Israel. His standup skills are light years behind Israels.
Usman at 6'0" was easily tagging Covington, what you think a guy as long, agile, elusive and powerful as Israel is going to do to him.
Well, you might say "what about Covington's wrestling?". First of all Covington is not a big dude nor is he strong enough to take Israel down. The reason why a guy like Jan was able to get those takedowns against Israel was due to the knockout threat which distracted Israel from applying his normal game plan. Against Covington, he won't have to worry about takedowns and will be ready to stuff every attempt if Covington takes the wrestling route.
Israel Adesanya vs Colby Covington is mismatch of epic proportion. A highlight reel wrapped type of gift from a style perspective that you can give to Israel.

It’s not inconceivable that a good wrestler could grapple Izzy to a decision.

That dork calls out anything that moves.. Keeps his dork name in people’s mouths.
I do think he’s a bad match up for Israel though.

Now I'm hoping Colby beats Usman.

Interesting matchup. Anyone who says Izzy kills Colby is just being a hater.

...or maybe we just saw him stuff a shitload of TDs and get off of his back against a grappler who's significantly larger than Colby, has five round cardio and is much more durable?

Adesanya would annihilate him

But if he's serious than I respect his courage. An undersized guy challenging the top dog of a higher weigh class is something to be appreciated. Especially now that the trend is 5 ft 11 guys cutting ridiculous amonts of weight to fight little dudes in featherweight and below.

Bullshit. Covington and his featherfist pose zero threat to Israel. His standup skills are light years behind Israels.
Usman at 6'0" was easily tagging Covington, what you think a guy as long, agile, elusive and powerful as Israel is going to do to him.
Well, you might say "what about Covington's wrestling?". First of all Covington is not a big dude nor is he strong enough to take Israel down. The reason why a guy like Jan was able to get those takedowns against Israel was due to the knockout threat which distracted Israel from applying his normal game plan. Against Covington, he won't have to worry about takedowns and will be ready to stuff every attempt if Covington takes the wrestling route.
Israel Adesanya vs Colby Covington is mismatch of epic proportion. A highlight reel wrapped type of gift from a style perspective that you can give to Israel.

And you don't have a balanced POV.

<Fedor23>

You don't get to fight the superboss without fighting the storyline final boss or even final dungeon sub-bosses.

Back