COLBY COVINGTON is a really solid prospect.

$$$money

Working
@Orange
Reaction score
He is 6-1 in UFC and 11-1 overall, looked super sharp in his fight vs solid opposition in Barberena. His striking looked on point especially in round 1-2, he got sloppier in 3rd. Those relentless takedowns tough ... definitely a very promising fighter.

On a 3 winning streak I think he deserves a Top 10 opponent next... maybe someone like Larkin?

<24>

That fight was so boring though. He'll probably be buried on the prelims from now on

Meh those strikes would have dropped many other fighters and he got the old GSP W. Give him a top 10 but not my man Larkin. I want to see Larkin get busy with the standup and that's not gonna happen against Covington. How about throw him at Gunnar Nelson lol see what happens then.

Same as he's looked since his debut
his only selling point is that he's Jon Jones former roommate

Its time for a sink or swim match up, give him a top 20/top 15 guy
They'll give him Jouban, yet another dude he can smother

They need to give him Gunny, or the loser of DHK/Sponge

boring asshole wrestler

His crowning achievement is rolling around with an extremely sweaty Jorge Masvidal in some guys living room for an hour

That fight was so boring though. He'll probably be buried on the prelims from now on
I like exciting finishes and brawls as much as anyone else, but this domination didn't bore me at all. Colby got 4 finishes out of 6 wins, so you can't really tag him as blanket or something.
Barberena absolutely earned my respect too... durable dude with great chin and never give up attitude <- true warrior.
<mma4>

Meh those strikes would have dropped many other fighters and he got the old GSP W. Give him a top 10 but not my man Larkin. I want to see Larkin get busy with the standup and that's not gonna happen against Covington. How about throw him at Gunnar Nelson lol see what happens then.
I actually like this match up ... Gunni is one of my favs.

He is 6-1 in UFC and 11-1 overall, looked super sharp in his fight vs solid opposition in Barberena. His striking looked on point especially in round 1-2, he got sloppier in 3rd. Those relentless takedowns tough ... definitely a very promising fighter.

On a 3 winning streak I think he deserves a Top 10 opponent next... maybe someone like Larkin?

<24>
Gunnar is #11 or give him Leon Edwards, or Kamaru Usman

I like exciting finishes and brawls as much as anyone else, but this domination didn't bore me at all. Colby got 4 finishes out of 6 wins, so you can't really tag him as blanket or something.
Barberena absolutely earned my respect too... durable dude with great chin and never give up attitude <- true warrior.
<mma4>
Yeah he's defo earned some nice sub wins, i'll give him that

<mma4>
No buddy, he's still a blanket
Even in his finishes
I personally find it exciting, but it's boring to a lot of people

Gunnar is #11 or give him Leon Edwards, or Kamaru Usman
Usman is a great match up too. Both guys are top notch wrestlers, would love to see who would come up on top. Think Colby got a bit crisper striking, but Usman might have more power.

No buddy, he's still a blanket
Even in his finishes
I personally find it exciting, but it's boring to a lot of people
Doubt his spam takedown approach would work against gunnar nelson would be interesting to see an amazing wrestler vs a true mixed martial artist and how quick he could make him look foolish. But on the other hand Covington showed his striking is ever evolving but Barbarena seems immune to head strikes. Other people may get dropped real quick.

Doubt his spam takedown approach would work against gunnar nelson would be interesting to see an amazing wrestler vs an MMA and how quick he could make him look foolish. But on the other hand Covington showed his striking is ever evolving but Barbarena seems immune to head strikes.
Yeah Colby's a good athlete who is improving at a really slow rate
He reminds me of a dumber, slightly more athletic Fitch (minus the choke defense). He's going to have to grind long and hard to get a shitle tot - but it'd be fun to see what he could do in the clinch and at range against Gunni

He reminds me of a dumber, slightly more athletic Fitch (minus the choke defense). He's going to have to grind long and hard to get a shitle tot - but it'd be fun to see what he could do in the clinch and at range against Gunni
The only downside of this match up is that loser would be setback pretty far and for Gunni there is not much to earn from this fight, but everything to lose. In ideal I'd like to see Gunni vs Cowboy and Colby vs Magny(was top 10 recently) or Usman. <mma4>

Usman is a great match up too. Both guys are top notch wrestlers, would love to see who would come up on top. Think Colby got a bit crisper striking, but Usman might have more power.
Yeah
I think he showed much improved striking...like I said Barberena was getting his neck snapped left and right but he just has an ability to eat punches. The commentators didn't really talk about it would have liked to see some of those shot in slow mo.

The Usman fight would be a great one
Then let the winner fight DHK/Saf loser or Gunni because they'd deserve it at that point

The only downside of this match up is that loser would be setback pretty far and for Gunni there is not much to earn from this fight, but everything to lose. In ideal I'd like to see Gunni vs Cowboy and Colby vs Magny(was top 10 recently) or Usman. <mma4>
Right with Gunni it's kind of a lose lose Usman makes more sense. Someone said Larkin and I just brought Gunnar up because I think he would calmly handle Covington. And I want Larkin to fight another striker being admittedly biased or at least not Covington.

Ok so So book Covington vs Usman right meow

Back