Colby Covington (15-1) Targets Jorge Masvidal (35-13)

Covington vs. Masvidal

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DCSeWakUMAASEKU.jpg

Colby Targeting Jorge As Next Opponent

Colby Covington isn’t just planning on becoming the undisputed welterweight champion this weekend — he’s already looking towards his next fight.

Covington challenges current champion Kamaru Usman for the welterweight title in the main event of UFC 245 on Saturday. Ahead of the event, Covington was part of an athlete panel on Wednesday and asked about a potential next opponent after Usman.

Being the self-proclaimed people’s champion, “Chaos” asked the fans in attendance who they wanted to see him face next:

“As the people’s champion, I’d like to ask the people who they’d like to see me fight next,” Covington said (via theScore). “Should it be journeyman Jorge Masvidal? Should it be GSP? Should it be (Khabib Nurmagomedov) ‘Kabob?’

“Should it be that Irish leprechaun that couldn’t even knock a drunk dude, old dude off a stool in the bar?”

A number of fans said Masvidal which prompted a response from Covington:

“Who should it be? Who? Masvidal? Looks like it’s going to be Street Judas.”

https://www.lowkickmma.com/colby-covington-targeting-jorge-masvidal-as-next-opponent/

Last edited:
Masvidal loses to both Usman and Covington, he's an easy title defence for whoever wins on Saturday.

Should worry about winning this fight before looking beyond it

Sherdoggers are already horribly triggered by Colby. Imagine him beating up on their new favorite fighter. Would be hilarious seeing people’s reactions.

i hope Colby wins and we can get rid of non present, generic and non charismatic Usman. never thought i would write that

Yikes, 100% for Covington so far, I guess love him or hate him people respect his ability.

The trash talk build up for this one would be entertaining.

We need to see Khabib vs Colby though. Everything about Colby triggers Khabib.

LOL. Colby via grapplefuck. But he must get through Usman first.

Masvidal is waiting to see what happen with Colon (huge fight) or picking an easier and bigger fight against Nick Diaz.

I'd imagine Colby wins, but that being said Jorge has looked different in his last 3 fights so who knows

This journeyman would get destroyed by King Colby. A fight with Habib would be huge , Colby would baptise him.
GSP would be a great super-fight also , As much as i like King Chaos i think even a past of prime GSP would beat him and any current welterweight.

Better focus on that man in front of you before ya get hurt

After Colby is done with him it would be MAGA.
Masvidal A Gatekeeper Again.

Thought they were pals .

It’s part of Colby’s game to look like he’s looking past the title fight ...

Just goes to show you how fake their beef is. They’re hoping Colby wins the title so they can have a high interest title fight. Next step is getting pulled over together drunk driving like Roddy and the Sheik.

Just goes to show you how fake their beef is. They’re hoping Colby wins the title so they can have a high interest title fight. Next step is getting pulled over together drunk driving like Roddy and the Sheik.
I think it was Hacksaw Duggan and Sheik.
tenor-2.gif

By now I'm pretty sure the Masvidal/Colby beef is staged. But I'm in, bring on the hype...

giphy.gif

Colby would be the rightful favorite. But this seems like the type of fight where Masvidal has some trick up his sleeve based on all his time living/training with Colby.

Back