Colby/Cejudo walks. Anyone cares?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
They are good fighters. But they haven't really done anything.
Cejudo was struggling to cut to 125. Almost was forced to move up. Robbed MM in my opinion. Then beat then champion a 'weight class above'.
Colby, also, if he were to beat Uzman, i think in my opinion, that's much more impressive than Cejudo, because for one, Cejudo is as much a 135er as he is 125er, probably a lot more so,and Uzman is looking like a beast, and Cejudo I don't think really beat MM.

But at the end of the day, I think it's ridiculous both guys are talking about walking and demanding more money when they are getting paid pretty well, when fighters who have accomplished much more fought for less and never complained about money they were getting paid.

Who would miss Colby/Cejudo if they really walked? I think they are very good fighters, but nothing we haven't seen before, nor have they accomplished much, relatively speaking. Everyone wants to move up and fight the best guy and super fights, but there's a reason why it's much difficult to sustain success than have an immediate success, later of which is the only thing that they can lay claim to at the moment.

Sherdog will care for a few hours

...Then Conor will tweet something or som shit

But if Colby beats Uzman, that would be an amazing accomplishment. I tip my cap to him.

I think I was high on Cejudo than most. I liked Cejudo than most. But I don't really think he beat MM.

Could care less if Cejudo or Colby leaves tbh.

Cejudo is possibly the best P4P fighter in the world of course I'd care if he walks.

With Colby I'd only care if he beats Usman- otherwise it'd be hilarious if he loses to Kumaru and leaves a disgraced loser.

Cejudo leaves, there is no point to watch UFCs 125 and 135 classesgoing forward. He's right, the UFC would have a bunch of third placers fighting for a title.

Are either on the final fight of the contract?

If not they can try to walk where ever they want. But they aint gonna get far.

FWIW cejudo could go make bank in any of the asian MMA orgs where they actually like the little guys, bellators not paying cobly anymore than he's making now tho that's for fucking sure.

Good luck trying to bargain a new contract with another org when the UFC brass is mad at you, we've seen them actively fuck over fighters in negotiations with others before.

Cejudo walking would suck. He's arguably P4P #1 right now and him vs the likes of Yan, Sterling, Sandhagen, Aldo etc are great fights.

Nope. Both cringey and try too hard. I get why people like that kinda promotion but my love for mma has been declining and don't have any time for their nonsense

But if Colby beats Uzman, that would be an amazing accomplishment. I tip my cap to him.

I think I was high on Cejudo than most. I liked Cejudo than most. But I don't really think he beat MM.
I'm with you on Cejudo also...I'm a big fan of his going back to his wrastling days. People didn't realize that he had a somewhat accomplished, amateur boxing career as well.

I’d care if Cejudo walks. Dude’s fight with Moraes was exciting.

Not a fan of covington but 170 is already pretty weak currently and all the best guys in this weight class should be in the UFC.

Anyone under 145 I am indifferent if they stay or not.

they haven't really done anything.

giphy.gif

They are good fighters. But they haven't really done anything.
Cejudo was struggling to cut to 125. Almost was forced to move up. Robbed MM in my opinion. Then beat then champion a 'weight class above'.
Colby, also, if he were to beat Uzman, i think in my opinion, that's much more impressive than Cejudo, because for one, Cejudo is as much a 135er as he is 125er, probably a lot more so,and Uzman is looking like a beast, and Cejudo I don't think really beat MM.

But at the end of the day, I think it's ridiculous both guys are talking about walking and demanding more money when they are getting paid pretty well, when fighters who have accomplished much more fought for less and never complained about money they were getting paid.

Who would miss Colby/Cejudo if they really walked? I think they are very good fighters, but nothing we haven't seen before, nor have they accomplished much, relatively speaking. Everyone wants to move up and fight the best guy and super fights, but there's a reason why it's much difficult to sustain success than have an immediate success, later of which is the only thing that they can lay claim to at the moment.

Cejudo is good.
Yes, the MM fight was close AF, could/should have been a draw.
yeah, he struggles to make weight, but most fighters do, unfortunately.
Still, him beating TJ was impressive, come on.

If Colby beats Usman, it's pretty impressive. I don't see it, though.
What is also impressive about Colby is that he doesn't cut much weight. This and his cardio.

I’d care a little if Cejudo walked. Not much, but I’d notice, which is more than I can say for Colby

Back