Coker: We are not going to overpay to get UFC fighters (Ex: Sterling)

Yea I don't know what that guy is talking about. Sterling is doing more than "nothing" to get his name out there, but there's only so much exposure you can get with only four fights in the UFC (which were buried on the prelims).

Yeah, he seems to grasp Social Media pretty well.
He was on Helwani's show live announcing he was staying with UFC.
That is pretty decent for a prelim guy.

Yeah, he seems to grasp Social Media pretty well.
He was on Helwani's show live announcing he was staying with UFC.
That is pretty decent for a prelim guy.
If you aren't as popular as McGregor, then you are a marketing failure who doesn't try hard enough.

1) That info graphic is outdated and useless (read: inaccurate)
2) of the 6 media conglomerates, Viacom is the smallest
3) More specifically, half the revenue of Fox, and 1/5th the revenue of Comcast

4) You said Rupert Murdoch was in negotiations to buy Zuffa. I asked for source, still waiting

I am your source.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/1...mbo-slice-dada-5000-free-agency-plans-rampage

Luke Thomas asked Coker why they did not go after Sterling.
He brought up that Coker has formerly said he has money to go after UFC free agents.
Coker said that they need to be fiscally responsible and the fighter needs to put "butts in the seat" and "move the needle" for Bellator to go after them.

Coker: "The free agents contact us and sometimes we will make an offer and sometimes we won't, but they do contact us".

Well, he's right ya know. Sterling cannot be considered a draw at this point, so not sure why he thought he would get what he was looking for from Bellator.

Well, he's right ya know. Sterling cannot be considered a draw at this point, so not sure why he thought he would get what he was looking for from Bellator.

Can't blame him for trying and hoping?

I don't see why this is hard. Bellator hires fighters that people watch. Sterling is a good fighter but he is a fucking nobody. Reem is a much more well known fighter but isn't selling out stadiums or making big PPV numbers.

These guys call Coker and go "I want a million dollars a fight bruh". Give me a break.

I wonder what they thought Sterling was worth?
10/10?

Hold on 10/10 is a Bellator premium contract. They would have offered Sterling the 2000/2000 and if he sells a 100 tickets then there is a 500 bonus.

Hold on 10/10 is a Bellator premium contract. They would have offered Sterling the 2000/2000 and if he sells a 100 tickets then there is a 500 bonus.

Ha
Do they do the "ticket selling" thing?
I am asking for real.

Ha
Do they do the "ticket selling" thing?
I am asking for real.

Yes, at least it was rumored they used to, not sure if they still do anymore. I thought it's usually for the local fighters they put on cards but not 100% certain if the specifics.

Back