Media Scott Coker says he's interested in bringing Eddie Alvarez back to Bellator

Media really pushed this on Coker. When Helwani asked him last week he didn’t sound too hot on the idea but the media kept pushing. Sounds like they will sign him soon. Don’t know if I like the signing. Maybe if you can get him for cheap but what does 39 year old Eddie bring to the table?

Media really pushed this on Coker. When Helwani asked him last week he didn’t sound too hot on the idea but the media kept pushing. Sounds like they will sign him soon. Don’t know if I like the signing. Maybe if you can get him for cheap but what does 39 year old Eddie bring to the table?
A matchup with Bendo and maybe Nate. In all honesty it should be a three bout deal, no actual bouts for rankings or title contention, just old man bouts and maybe one prospect building one.

A matchup with Bendo and maybe Nate.
39 year old Bendo vs 39 year old Eddie? Bellator has better fights at LW they can make. I also think there are better fights for Nate to be made as well. McKee and MVP particularly.

39 year old Bendo vs 39 year old Eddie? Bellator has better fights at LW they can make. I also think there are better fights for Nate to be made as well. McKee and MVP particularly.
MVP will never lace up the gloves again after losing to PMP. There's no bouncing back from that.

Yeah, he sounded like he was saying yes to Eddie out of politeness but now seems more vested in the idea. I dont think Eddie brings anything to the table other than name value. A good name to add to the resume. Feed him to Musayev or Shabliy.

MVP will never lace up the gloves again after losing to PMP. There's no bouncing back from that.
Lol Na MVP will be back. Gotta keep in mind it was a different sport and he was compensated handsomely.

Yeah, he sounded like he was saying yes to Eddie out of politeness but now seems more vested in the idea. I dont think Eddie brings anything to the table other than name value. A good name to add to the resume. Feed him to Musayev or Shabliy.
Eddie was on Bellator 1 card. He is basically part of Bellator lore, while I know he doesn't bring much nowadays, it would be nice to have him retire with them

I don't mind Eddie Vs Bendo in a bit of a legends match. I'd rather not have him fed to one of the younger fighters.

Its either PFL for the mill one last attempt at big payday or go to Bellator for a few good fights. Maybe they use him in the GP as a name, could start off with him and Bendo in two legends fight.

maybe we can see beat patricky again and then get sparked by patricio

Maybe sign him to a tournament only deal. Could be good for both parties. If Eddie still has confidence in his abilities, the big prize at the end would be a real nice motivation to give it a go, and maybe retire on top-something very, very few get to do. And no long term, big money commitment for Bellator. Hope it happens.

I'm down. I still believe in Eddie. One of the top lightweights of all time and it would be a huge signing. He has done so much in his career and may be one of the most underrated fighters in terms of how people view him vs his skills and the resume he's put together. I would love to see him win a belt and ride off into the sunset after a defense or two.

Eddie is shot. All he'll do us put someone over in the tournament

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back