Rumored Coker planning big event in Russia for 2021

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by careto, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Feniamin Brown Belt

According to Albert Tumenov, his visa expired in 2020 and when he gets a new one UFC will sign him. In December's interview he said that he is gonna go to embassy in January/February.
    Seems like his cousin Bibert wants to fight for the ACA title instead of fighting in big promotions.

2. Sweater of AV Gold Belt

This would be great. Hopefully they can make it happen.

3. careto Brown Belt

Im assuming the pay at ACA must be pretty good, then. Hopefully Albert can find his way to the UFC sooner rather than later, he isnt getting any younger

David Street likes this.
  4. Hellowhosthat Gold Belt

That's good news.

Anything on the situations with Kerimov, Dudaev, Vakhaev or Vartanyan?

5. David Street Use skills

Albert Tumenov is only 29 and has already did time in the UFC 5-3 in the UFC wants to get back. Though I would like him back in UFC I am not as enthused... as like to see fighters I have never seen fight, top prospects who haven't had a shot. His cousin looks good Bibert "Headhunter" Tumenov the Feather Weight he has lost to another great prospect I would like to see in the UFC or Bellator, Timur Khizriev 9-0.

6. careto Brown Belt

I like Bibert bettet than Timur because Bibert is a finishing machine. He has exciting fights and explosive hands. But yes those are 2 of the best FWs outside the 2 big promotions.

David Street likes this.
  7. careto Brown Belt

Josh Thomson said Bellator will rebuild the LW division and that they are close to signing two Russian killers. Maybe Vartanyan is one of those...or maybe Josh is talking out of his ass.

8. Hellowhosthat Gold Belt

He probably hasn't noticed they've already announced they signed Usman and Khabilov knowing him.

David Street and careto like this.
  9. Feniamin Brown Belt

I think there is nothing new since Kerimov said in interview in November (I think it was November) that Shelby told him they will sign him when there will be more space on the roster. Dudaev? ACA guy who lost his last fight in October? Doesn't look like media remember him often even in Russia. Vakhaev seems to be waiting for a contract, Vartanyan, I remember said that he left ACA to go to UFC and be champ there, and also he spend some time in Karabakh in Autumn. And also there were some video interview with him in December, named something like "Honestly, I am not interested in fighting in mma" but I didn't watch it but it doesn't look like he retired.

Hellowhosthat likes this.
  10. Hellowhosthat Gold Belt

Cheers buddy.

I meant Albert Duraev, he's been inactive a while, I heard he'd signed for KSW but then I'd heard he'd left again.

Vartanyan I forgot said he might be going to fight in the Azerbaijani/Armenian conflict actually.

11. Feniamin Brown Belt

Haven't you seen, after Chechen guy in France beheaded a teacher, Duraev posted something on his Instagram, like he was making fun of freedom of speech in France and there were even articles about that in Russian and non-Russian media? So it looks like big promotions are not looking forward to sign him. Oh and he asked KSW to release him months ago and seems like after they released him he wanted to sign with UFC as a replacement MW guy (if some fight at MW falls apart because of COVID).
    Vartanyan is back in Russia and I think he was in Karabakh like a guy who delivers humanitarian stuff.

12. Hellowhosthat Gold Belt

Ah, well that wasn't the best career move.

13. careto Brown Belt

They told the same thing to Jack Carthwright and I think that is the most patronizing, bullshit, move the UFC always does. What exactly does that even mean? Like, there is no more space in the roster for top contenders but there is space for some DWCS guy? Irwin Rivera has just been arrested for first degree murder, he is a BW, can Kerimov or Jack Cartwright take his space in the roster?

14. podsox Gold Belt

i listen to their podcast a couple times. i couldn’t believe his podcast was breaking down events. then when they went over the card he would say which fights he missed haha

15. moreorless87 Straba

I'm guessing there biggest aim might well be to try and sell Nemkov as a domestic Russian draw as a slavic orthodox fighter who could be built up to have legit "best in the world" status.

16. Feniamin Brown Belt

Some new info from interview with Shabliy -- according to him, problem with Russian fighters and UFC is visa. At the moment there is problem with Russians obtaining visa to work in US, so UFC can sign a Russian fighter but there is problems with giving them fights. So he says UFC offers something like this -- Russian fighters arrives in USA and gets that visa for work there (and if everything with him and his guys ok, like COVID tests are negative) and then UFC will try to work something out. He said that, if I remember it right he was offered short notice fight at WW with Jingliang, he accepted that fight but then Jingliang refused because not enought time to prepare and stuff like that.
    Also mentioned that Bellator interested in signing him.
    Also, regarding Duraev -- I saw on social media that he send (on Instagram, I think) some messages to Kevin Holland, that UFC will soon sign him and he will beat Holland.
    And about Tumenov, I remembered that journalist asked him if he tried to sign with UFC through fight island events and Tumenov said that it didn't worked out and last event in UAE was hard to get in (don't know what he meant -- it was hard to attend event or be a replacement fighter on it or get into UAE).

17. Hellowhosthat Gold Belt

Good info, thanks a lot.

18. careto Brown Belt

Do you know what ever happened to Shabily? He signed with the UFC and was supposed to make his debut in the Dec.19 card but it never happened and he does not seem to be scheduled to fight anytime soon either.

19. Feniamin Brown Belt

I don't think he signed, I didn't watch the whole interview, but under the video there is timestamps with his answers and one of them that he will sign with those who will offer him a fight first (not 100 % sure but I think he talks about UFC and Bellator).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    careto likes this.
  20. careto Brown Belt

I'm assuming he means the UFC; he is probably waiting for the UFC to give him a call soon. I'm assuming Bellator has made a move for him already but he is waiting for the UFC. Shabily, Vartanyan, and Musayev are the best LWs outside of the big promotions and hopefully we will see them make the jump soon.