Rumored Coker planning big event in Russia for 2021

careto

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/12/scott-coker-thinks-big-for-fedor-emelianenkos-final-fights

“I really wanted Fedor to fight his retirement fight not in front of just the officials and have the staff and be on a closed environment in a bubble,” Coker recently told MMA Junkie. “I really want Fedor to finish his career in front of 30,000 people in Moscow, to be honest, Bellator MMA’s first fight in Russia. Do a fight in Moscow..."

“Not only would he fight, but all the guys that we have, like (light heavyweight champion Vadim) Nemkov and like (Anatoly) Tokov and all those great fighters from Moscow that are fighting for Bellator, they will also fight on the card, and we’ll do maybe a ‘Russia vs. the world’ match there and you’ll see some fighters from Europe,” Coker said. “We’ll have a great event.”

If Bellator showcased all of their Russiam fighters in a Russia vs the world, this could be a badass event.

Fedor vs another aging legend
Bader vs Minakov
Tokov vs van Steenis
Koreshkov vs Paul Daley
Berkhamov vs J. Jackson
Magomedov vs Mix

A lot of possibilities.

Awesome. Just sign Silva (Anderson or Antonio) for that fight.

Awesome. Just sign Silva (Anderson or Antonio) for that fight.
I was thinking about Shogun, Anderson, or Big Foot would be the best options for Fedor. Realistically, Big Foot would provide an almost guaranteed win for Fedor and he would avenge that loss.

Coker is the man!

Fedor vs Barnett
Nemkov vs Rumble
Tokov vs Fabio Aguiar
Viktor Nemkov vs Corey
Koreshkov vs Jason Jackson
Berkhamov vs Homasi
Khabilov vs Mein
Usman Nurmagomedov vs Roger Huerta
Nikaev vs Mousah
Magomedov vs Stots
Mikhailov vs Ellenor
And that chick that finished that 500 lb dude

Probably could get better matchups than these, but I wrote these quickly without too much thinking

Last edited:
Coker is the man!

Fedor vs Barnett
Nemkov vs Rumble
Tokov vs Fabio Aguiar
Viktor Nemkov vs Corey
Koreshkov vs Jason Jackson
Berkhamov vs Homasi
Khabilov vs Mein
Usman Nurmagomedov vs Roger Huerta
Nikaev vs Mousah
Magomedov vs Stots
Mikhailov vs Ellenor
And that chick that finished that 500 lb dude

Probably could get better matchups than these, but I wrote these quickly without too much thinking
I wouldnt trust Barnett with a main event ever in my life again. I would rather book Fedor vs Shogun or Big Foot.

I wouldnt trust Barnett with a main event ever in my life again. I would rather book Fedor vs Shogun or Big Foot.
True. Werdum would be perfect for this event tbh. Too bad he signed with PFL

I like the Russia vs the world theme

fedor vs Big foot
If there are any big Russian names left in the free agency (Kerimov, Duarev, the Tumenovs) this would be the time to sign them.

True. Werdum would be perfect for this event tbh. Too bad he signed with PFL
Yes, but Werdum would probably beat Fedor again. I would much rather see Fedor go out with a win. Big Foot, Shogun, maybe Machida would be good.

Yes, but Werdum would probably beat Fedor again. I would much rather see Fedor go out with a win. Big Foot, Shogun, maybe Machida would be good.
I think Fedor can blitz Werdum. There is also Manhoef there or Kongo. They cut Roy Nelson right when they need him

I really want Fedor to finish his career in front of 30,000 people in Moscow, to be honest, Bellator MMA’s first fight in Russia. Do a fight in Moscow

as someone from Moscow i'm very skeptical about this. Fedor is not a draw in Russia by any means and Bellator's strong b-league reputation won't help either. unless you planning to give away free tickets, no matter how much you stack that card, it's just unrealistic.
for the context: 5 years ago then people were genuinely excited about his comeback his fight against Malbobabo was in a 8000 seat arena. with prime Minakov as a co-main and some solid other names.

as someone from Moscow i'm very skeptical about this. Fedor is not a draw in Russia by any means and Bellator's strong b-league reputation won't help either. unless you planning to give away free tickets, no matter how much you stack that card, it's just unrealistic.
for the context: 5 years ago then people were genuinely excited about his comeback his fight against Malbobabo was in a 8000 seat arena. with prime Minakov as a co-main and some solid other names.
Very interesting, I was unaware about Fedor not being that big of a draw. Who would be the biggest draws in Russia? Im assuming Khabib and who else?

Bunch of enkos and ovs in that line up...

I like it

Fedor already did a retirement fight in Russia. Why does he have to do another one there?

If there are any big Russian names left in the free agency (Kerimov, Duarev, the Tumenovs) this would be the time to sign them.

I'm sure they're trying. I just think they're holding out for the UFC and they've had an indication that the UFC are interested.

Magomedov waited 2 years for a UFC offer before choosing Bellator, Berkhamov waited more than a year.

Very interesting, I was unaware about Fedor not being that big of a draw. Who would be the biggest draws in Russia? Im assuming Khabib and who else?
imo outside Khabib it's Volkov with UFC brand attached to him, then Magomed Ismailov, then probably Shlemenko and some tough and popular youtubers.
i also think that Valentina Shevchenko can sell well too. not necessarily because of a huge russian following but the amount of her fans from nearby republics who would love to come to see her fight live.
that if you mean locals. obviously McGregor or Jones are more popular than anyone i mentioned above.

What will sell is not Russia vs the world but Russia vs "the black asses"

however no promotion is smart enough to do it

Fedor vs Ismailov as the main
Mousasi (Russian enough) vs Bader (evil American)
Minakov vs Random blackass
Aleks E vs Random blackass
Shlemenko vs Random blackass
Taktarov vs Old (preferebly Japanese) grandpa
Daria vs A hottie from abroad
Manhoef vs anybody

Blast Techno music from the 90s and give everyone a litre of Vodka on entry, let fights and stabbings break out naturally and have a big riot afterwards.

This card would fill a 90,000 capacity arena

Last edited:
imo outside Khabib it's Volkov with UFC brand attached to him, then Magomed Ismailov, then probably Shlemenko and some tough and popular youtubers.
i also think that Valentina Shevchenko can sell well too. not necessarily because of a huge russian following but the amount of her fans from nearby republics who would love to come to see her fight live.
that if you mean locals. obviously McGregor or Jones are more popular than anyone i mentioned above.
Im surprised none of the other big Russians are a draw (Yan, Magomedsharipov, Makachev, etc.).

I'm sure they're trying. I just think they're holding out for the UFC and they've had an indication that the UFC are interested.

Magomedov waited 2 years for a UFC offer before choosing Bellator, Berkhamov waited more than a year.
Right now it seems the UFC will only sign fighters from DWCS exclusively and some big name fighters like Chandle, Gamrot, or Jiri. So, I think younger fighers like Bibert Tumenov, Mokaev, etc. should wait for the UFC, maybe the UFC will still find it profitable to invest in them. But older fighters like Albert Tumenov, Musayev, etc. should give up on that whole "UFC fighter" dream; i just dont think is worth holding on for that fantasy.

Back