Coker changed mind about Fedor...prolly will bankrupt him again

That's not the way Coker explained it. Coker said that the ownership was known for flipping companies and saw an opportunity to sell Strikeforce for much more than they paid for it. Coker never indicated there was a desperation to sell.

Well according to many of the MMA media world Strikeforce was barely staying a float. They were basically more or less breaking even on many shows and losing money on Fedor shows. Showtime's contract with Strikeforce simply wasn't covering the bills as the org signed better fighters. Then Strikeforce people behind the scenes was very small skeleton crew and when I mean small I mean like literally 5 to 8 people. The problem was any money spent outside of the event itself was more or less becoming debt. They couldn't afford to hire more people yet there business grew substantially over about two years. Even advertising was almost non existent. Hard to grow when you can't even attract new viewers by traditional advertising means.

It appears Zuffa spent about 40 million buying Strikeforce and that included a rumor 10 to 15 million of debt which they paid. Elite offered 20 million to buy it and would put 20 million of capital into it to run the company, it was turned down. Which kind of tells you the 10 to 15 million of debt is probably very real. If it wasn't I doubt the UFC needed to pay 40 million and if at 20 million the investors where making money back I'm sure Coker could've talked them into selling to Elite quite easily as he was going to put some money in to stay with Strikeforce under Elite. But they went the UFC route because they cleared the debt and got about 25 to 30 million out of it. Honestly if Elite bought Strikeforce I doubt they'd be in business today either. Not with out Showtime really stepping up its contract with them and they never seemed to do much but talk a very big game.

Think its safe to say the weren't really making much if anything and the writing was on the wall that it was going to take more and more money to keep it going and growing. History of MMA orgs isn't to good so from an investment stand point I think they saw the writing on the wall and made the right choice.

Back