Coffee

Wait, you're actually advocating that America has good coffee?

If you mean like Folgers or gas station coffee? Then no. But there are 5 coffee shops within a mile of mt house that have great coffee.

In America, coffee is usually made directly from ground beans though. And it is served in a "coffee cup," and there are "re-fills."

My only point is that if you're from the US, you assume that's what coffee is. But if you leave the US, no such thing. Everyone is drinking Nescafe.

Is that frozen stuff? We had some at work, but I never tried it. I probably should've because the stuff we have is crap.

It's a coffee brand, they have all sorts, ice coffee too.

This:
DE_rood_snelfilter_250.jpg

+

This:

koffiezetapparaat.jpg

Is win

Extra large double double Timmies here. If I hit Starbucks I get a cappuccino. I too have thought about getting one of those Starbucks single serving machines where you can make espressos, cappuccinos and lattes. I wonder if they are worth it.

If you mean like Folgers or gas station coffee? Then no. But there are 5 coffee shops within a mile of mt house that have great coffee.

In America, coffee is usually made directly from ground beans though. And it is served in a "coffee cup," and there are "re-fills."

My only point is that if you're from the US, you assume that's what coffee is. But if you leave the US, no such thing. Everyone is drinking Nescafe.

Most people in Australia drink espresso. With machines grinding the beans there and then. Coffee is big business here. Lots of snobs too. But yeah a lot just have instant coffee still at home

Dunkin Donuts pumpkin spice coffee they are serving now. Now that I'm back home on the other coast, Cali, they don't have a DD near me so I use my Kurig everyday with some green mountain coffee to put in it.

Most people in Australia drink espresso. With machines grinding the beans there and then. Coffee is big business here. Lots of snobs too. But yeah a lot just have instant coffee still at home

Yeah, Western Eurpoe is pretty much like that too.

I buy Tim Hortons' home coffee, which really, doesn't taste a thing like the real thing, but it tastes fine all the same. If not that, I just buy the store brand version of regular roast. I like to make sure I have cream instead of milk to add to it, which in the end is what really makes the difference for me.
I'm not big into fancy coffees or all these different blends or roasts. I liken my desire to that of Denis Leary. "Coffee flavoured coffee"
Really? My Mom loves Tim Horton coffee so I got her a gift set for Christmas that has about 8 or 10 packs in it. She said making a pot with the pack tastes just like TH.

As for me, I usually just drink Maxwell House when it's on sale. I've got one of those kuerig things as well so if I find a good price on some cups I'll get them for convenience sake. My wife got me some kind of filter for it so you can use any coffee in the machine and it's much more economical than the cups, but kind of a pain in the ass to clean between each cup. If I'm going to be home most of the morning, I still prefer to just make a pot and drink on that. The wife got me some Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin flavored for Christmas and it's pretty damn good if you like pumpkin stuff.

lavazza super crema.. it makes great espresso as well as regular coffee

Give me enough creamer and sugar. I'll drink any bottom of the barrel crap you give me.

When I was doing a lot of traveling abroad, I was dumbfounded by how many people didn't really understand what "coffee" is. They (the rest of the world) basically have espresso in Europe and other places, turkish style coffee, or this Nescafe shit. Nescafe is huge all over the world.

I remember asking a dude, I think he was South African, if they had coffee there. He struggled a bot and squinted at me, and mentioned nescafe as if even that was a stretch.

I never knew how much I enjoyed American style joe until I traveled. The idea of a bottomless cup of regular coffee made directly from ground coffee beans will make most non-Americans heads explode.

In Italy if you want coffee made like it is at home you have to ask for an Americano.

I never drank coffee and got a job as a baristaa couple of years back. Not only did I start drinking coffee everyday all day, but had to do tastings to deveop a palate. Quickly I became a coffee snob. Starbucks mostly brews pikes place which is crap. As well as their christmas blend or any blend for that matter. Blends are usually excess older beans. Starbucks blonde roasts and if you want to go dark komodo and their itailian are good. Columbia produces really good coke and coffee. If im at an establishment that has different brews I always go for the lightest choice. 7-11 columbian brew is my favorite balance of taste and caffiene. Currently I brew targets generic blend light roast blend. Its not the greatest but the price is

Back