Coffee shop Girl (Update on #205)

This should be mayberry's year-end project. Let @Pugilistic bang.

Ts, post pics of her so that advice and suggestions would keep flowing. Report updates and pics regularly. You would tap that before the year's end. I'm willing to let @Clippy get perma-banned if the group effort ends up a failure.

I’ll fail on purpose just to stop more of his threads on cat litter.

Next time you talk to her, just be direct and ask her out, when she says yes, ask for her phone number/contact details.

No gimmicks or chat up lines, just be straight.

I’ll fail on purpose just to stop more of his threads on cat litter.

I've asked out girls in cafes/stores before. Most of the time, it went down like a lead balloon ... But, sometimes it worked.

Go to the coffee shop again after a few days and ask her what the wifi password is again. As soon as she says " i love you", grab her by the waist and say "I love you too" and start kissing her like a mad man.

You should probably make a move on her next time you see her, or you never will. Just ask her name and introduce yourself. Then tell her that you would ask her out for coffee, but she's probably tired of that. Then see how she responds. Be confident and assertive, but gentlemanly. You got this!

Yeah, good point, ask her name, where she is from and then say I'd like to know more about you, how about we grab dinner sometime? Be ballsy and don't worry about other peoples' reactions ... Just do it.

Honestly the first time a woman has given me good advice on this topic. Well except for that one time one of female friends told me not to cheat on my ex. I didn’t listen to her.

Nah it crossed my mind as well. I also think the more one waits, the more you build up this shit in your head and it becomes harder, or by the time you finally do it, you come off as a creep. I also wonder if it’s too late but only one way to find out, right? I’ll just do it, get rejected and come back on the dog crying about it.

It is very apparent I am smitten by this girl and it’s kind of exciting because I haven’t felt this in a long time. At my age and experience, I didn’t think I could be crushing on a chick I don’t even know lol but it’s kind of refreshing to be honest.

At least it’s a clean resolution.

Yeah, don't over-rehearse it. In fact, don't rehearse it at all. Have a general thing of what you want to say, be calm, relaxed and do what needs to be done. It's not a big deal.

Last edited:
Ask her out (when it's slow) or move on

In case you never do either:

Go to the coffee shop again after a few days and ask her what the wifi password is again. As soon as she says " i love you", grab her by the waist and say "I love you too" and start kissing her like a mad man.
You know I was thinking that it would be funny if I said that. I was kicking myself for not thinking of it then

With that said I have to ask how good you are at perceiving signs of attraction from the opposite sex and OBJECTIVELY speaking how many of these has she thrown your way. There is also the fact and caveat that anyone good in hospitality knows how to exploit these behaviors.
Well honestly probably zero. Granted I’ve been to this café like 3 times only and stayed there to read twice. Other smiling at me and giggling at my reaction to the wifi password, which really is nothing, I have no reason to think she has any interest in me.

Give her an uppercut for Christmas.

Stand on a table and serenade her while she makes your drink. If that doesn't work, casually mention that you're a sherdog brown belt.

Oh shit that's supposed to HELP?

I've been doing this all wrong I'm a silver belt and I'm not getting any pussy.

Don't listen to these guys. Here's what you do.......

You go and you make your first pigeon kill. If you're not skilled enough to do that yet, find a dead one on the road, this first step is optional. Whichever way you wanna obtain said bird.

Next, pick up the dead pigeon and go get a coffee, but hold the pigeon behind your back and present it to her with both hands as an offering. In your mouth like a cat is ok too. She'll see it as the highest form of flattery and she'll be all yours.

I know this works cause once when I was 4 I found a dead bird and brought it to my mom, holding it behind my back and said to her so proud, "mom, I have a present for you" and presented the dead bird. She was impressed. Made hot chocolate for me and everything.

Trust me. Won't need no cheesy Netflix and chill lines.

You're welcome.

Well honestly probably zero. Granted I’ve been to this café like 3 times only and stayed there to read twice. Other smiling at me and giggling at my reaction to the wifi password, which really is nothing, I have no reason to think she has any interest in me.
Sounds grim. How is your wit/charm? The only way you're really going to gain their interest(if they weren't already) is to differentiate yourself from every other guy making goo goo eyes at her on their 15.

Go for it, dude.
Be straightforward. Don't do cheesy shit like: "“Can I get a cappuccino… And your number?”
She'd probably gotten tens of such lines. Simply ask her out. Directly. Just my opinion.

p.s. and post the damn pics, or

gtfo ;)

Been in a similar situation twice, a very long time go. First time tried to get the girl's number while she was working, and got shut down brutally. Being 18 at the time with smoothness and charm at about 0/10 I probably made a complete ass of myself. Second time ran into a girl I was interested in at a club by co-incidence, starting dating after. Good luck to you TS, I hope you pull it off.

Back