Coffee before running - yay or nay?

I've seen the research that says it's a marginal performance boost for trained athletes. Not sure if that's true or not but the main thing for me is the boost of energy I need to stop procrastinating and go do the run I've been putting off all morning lol.
Maybe it helps because you more often get that pre run shit weight out of you

Not really serious. Most of my running is 8min miles. I weigh 200.

All I can say is that if you're doing 10 mile runs in 80 min @ 200 lbs and doing it 5+ days/week, then you sir, are fucking diesel.

I wish coffee agreed with me for exercise but I like to almost completely avoid drinking or eating close to anything except water sparingly for a couple of hours before running to avoid the shits.

I wish coffee agreed with me for exercise but I like to almost completely avoid drinking or eating close to anything except water sparingly for a couple of hours before running to avoid the shits.

I think there's a certain timing to it. I try timing it to where I can go use the restroom before exercising and then it's fine.

naw playboy. You don’t need that. The Lion enjoys the meal after the hunt. Get those miles in first then enjoy the reward of the coffee. Get after it player

naw playboy. You don’t need that. The Lion enjoys the meal after the hunt. Get those miles in first then enjoy the reward of the coffee. Get after it player
I don't have an opinion on coffee before running but I like this post either way.

Back