Coffee before running - yay or nay?

I always mix coffee in a shake with banana, seems to not have the diuretic effect of just coffee by itself.

Never claimed it was bro science, it just works for me.

That is the definition of broscience.

What about the banana could possibly act against the diuretic effect of the caffeine?

Bananas contain a lot of potassium, which actually has a diuretic effect of its own.

Never claimed it was bro science, it just works for me.
That is the definition of broscience.

What about the banana could possibly act against the diuretic effect of the caffeine?

Bananas contain a lot of potassium, which actually has a diuretic effect of its own.
It just sounds like an interesting flavor combo but you do your snarky comment thing buttface.

That's this guy Jim's whole schtick. He likes to troll.

It just sounds like an interesting flavor combo but you do your snarky comment thing buttface.

That's this guy Jim's whole schtick. He likes to troll.
It's not trolling when you correct someone, because they're wrong. A lot of misinformation gets posted by people who don't have a clue what they're talking about.
"Another upside to the high potassium content in bananas: it may help regulate blood pressure. The more potassium you consume, the more sodium that can exit your body, according to the American Heart Association. That's because the mineral acts like a natural diuretic"

It's not trolling when you correct someone, because they're wrong. A lot of misinformation gets posted by people who don't have a clue what they're talking about.
"Another upside to the high potassium content in bananas: it may help regulate blood pressure. The more potassium you consume, the more sodium that can exit your body, according to the American Heart Association. That's because the mineral acts like a natural diuretic"
Coffee and banana still sounds potentially delicious but good to know.

See? I fact checked to see if Jim or spaceginger was full of shit. If I can do it anyone can.

Caffeine increases sodium excretion on its own. It stops the sodium from being reabsorbed in your kidneys, to put it simply.

I always make sure I ingest some sodium before I train, especially in the summer when I’ll be sweating a lot. Helps ensure I won’t cramp.

”Trolling” when I post it.

“Good to know” when drew confirms what I’ve said.

lol
I already know about the relationship between sodium and potassium. I was talking about the flavor combo when I said it sounded interesting but politely thanked the other guy for a post that was more informative than yours. You just like to go around acting like a condescending doofus and often don't even know what you're talking about.

Caffeine increases sodium excretion on its own. It stops the sodium from being reabsorbed in your kidneys, to put it simply.

I always make sure I ingest some sodium before I train, especially in the summer when I’ll be sweating a lot. Helps ensure I won’t cramp.
I heard Himalayan or Redmond's salt is better than regular table salt like Morton's because it has a more complete mineral profile. Go Google for me and confirm or deny in the most condescending way possible.

I heard Himalayan or Redmond's salt is better than regular table salt like Morton's because it has a more complete mineral profile. Go Google for me and confirm or deny in the most condescending way possible.
No. There are only trace amounts of minerals in those, nothing significant. Purity is the only thing you need to look for when choosing a salt, ie no contaminents like plastic. A teaspoon is a good amount to take before a workout.

I didn't even google any of that. Just stuff I've heard from stan.

No. There are only trace amounts of minerals in those, nothing significant. Purity is the only thing you need to look for when choosing a salt, ie no contaminents like plastic. A teaspoon is a good amount to take before a workout.

I didn't even google any of that. Just stuff I've heard from stan.
Who's stan?

See? I fact checked to see if Jim or spaceginger was full of shit. If I can do it anyone can.
Huh? All I suggested was what I do before running and never seem to have the stomach unsettling that's caused by just coffee alone.

Back