Cody won't be able to win emotional fights like this unless..

Yeah, he should stay far away from someone like Marlon, Aljamain is a safer fight at this point. Marlon's got KO power all over him. As far as Cody is concerned, you're right, his Chin is not good enough to keep him at the top of the division with strikers like TJ, and Marlon at the top. Cody's in purgatory now.

Up to 45 maybe. 25 is too crazy a cut for him. Very tough call on where his career goes next. He needs to get more versatile. You have wrestling use it son. GSP never had a jaw of iron, but he had well rounded skills and he used them. Cody just wants the KO.

I have honestly had Cody as one of the top strikers in MMA.
tenor.gif
... If you say so.

Up to 45 maybe. 25 is too crazy a cut for him. Very tough call on where his career goes next. He needs to get more versatile. You have wrestling use it son. GSP never had a jaw of iron, but he had well rounded skills and he used them. Cody just wants the KO.

And he's no Floyd Mayweather either, and he's not banging it out with 16oz Gloves, his Chin is in danger of being Shop worn at this young a age. He def needs to use the tools he has in his repertoire. Time to take the Gaethje route and swallow your Pride.

Can someone get me a GIF of Cody throwing a right hook starting with his fist in his palm while in the pocket like he was about to hit one of those machines and getting cracked by TJ? I just want to store it for when someone tries to say he's a great striker.

And he's no Floyd Mayweather either, and he's not banging it out with 16oz Gloves, his Chin is in danger of being Shop worn at this young a age. He def needs to use the tools he has in his repertoire. Time to take the Gaethje route and swallow your Pride.

There was a time people talked about him and Conor LOL.. Jesus Conor would have knocked him cold in 20 seconds..

tenor.gif
... If you say so.
Yeah, that's easy to say now, he still rocked TJ in both fights.

edit: He comes from a boxing background, he just let his emotions get the better of him. Not sure who you would be placing above him but from a boxing perspective, yeah, I have him as a top guy.

The moment he got one second of success he spazzed out and started swinging for a finish, he needs a sports psychologist or something to help him pace himself better especially in a title fight.
You can't fix Cody. Give him good match ups and let him bang bro

Cody was literally 3 times faster in there

but 3 times less brains. Still fought emotional, what a goof.

"literally" 3x faster
Are you British?
<mma4><{CMPALM}><{nope}><{cruzshake}>

Well he was planning a fight with MM instead of focusing totally on TJ, so maybe now he can drop down and fight him now.

Manlet on the outside, manlet on the inside. Still can't get over his middle school mentality.

Posted earlier that if he tries loading up like the first fight he's gonna lose

I'm not making excuses bc TJ did what he had to do to win. But i still believe cody can beat tj. He's just got to stop abandoning his gam plan. He got wild and impatient and got caught.....again. That's on cody. You have to worry about his mentality now because he's seemingly like a loose cannon in there.....especailly considering he didn't learn from the first match.

Can someone get me a GIF of Cody throwing a right hook starting with his fist in his palm while in the pocket like he was about to hit one of those machines and getting cracked by TJ? I just want to store it for when someone tries to say he's a great striker.
Name a better striker in that division besides TJ who he happens to just fight dumb against.

So? As the more experienced, more composed fighter, with the much better fight IQ, TJ can afford getting into the fight emotionally invested.

Cody can't. Its very simple really

He didnt seem emotional to me until after they traded punches for the first time and he got a little stunned, i guess that made everything come back to the surface for him cause he started winging haymakers after that

Cody would have probably won both fights if he just let things flow instead of trying to force the knock out. Both fights when he's just in there flowing doing his thing he's caught TJ hard and both fights soon after he connects he gets cocky and dropped.

Terrible fight IQ.
TJ is definitely in his head. Look how he fought Cruz. He had him hurt multiple times and still didn’t rush in and kept his composure. Those combos were lightning fast too but then he loaded up while TJ just let his go.

TJ is definitely in his head. Look how he fought Cruz. He had him hurt multiple times and still didn’t rush in and kept his composure. Those combos were lightning fast too but then he loaded up while TJ just let his go.

Yeah, it just goes to show exactly how effective the mental warfare aspect of the game is. Cody's hands are insanely fast and it's a pleasure to watch, the dude could have ruled this division for a long time, but his mental strength doesn't match his physical.

Back