Cody won't be able to win emotional fights like this unless..

I'm salty as hell, now I have to wait in hopes Cody makes some comeback because what could you possibly say to someone who just mentions he go laid out twice? I have honestly had Cody as one of the top strikers in MMA but it's a hard argument when he keeps getting dumb in the cage. Hard to watch, I'm not even a fan of the guy, it was just refreshing to see good striking in MMA when he first came in.

thread got merged but what i was gonna say was

im guessing he got hit with a punch and got nailed and wanted to get TJ back as the reasoning why he went into headhunter and brawler mode. bad idea since hes essentially a glass cannon and was fighting 1 dimensional. too easy for tj to counter that shit.

he was doing good with the kicks and lighter punches to score. something went wrong in his head where he randomly got frustrated and was just like "fuck this im gonna headhunt and knock him out" - BAD MISTAKE

I thought the thread was going to talk about not getting his rocks off.

Lets talk about it.

It seems to me that Cody let his anger control himself in both fights with TJ.
I like Cody, he has a neat boxing and packs some power, but today TJ was much more relaxed and was also way faster.
I believe Cody needs to chill out, take two or three fights to regain his confidence and forget about TJ for now.

Hilarious that this sherdogger (Cody) actually starting stunting and pointing at the ground when he connected on a single punch. Just like last time, he starts to lose concentration ala Bisping and gets starched. Wish Herb would have left him keep fighting and he got held up by the fence for 30 more seconds while TJ concussed him over and over.

He did well again, but he can't take a good shot. Legs go rubber immediately.

He was doing well I agree, but still, he had the mindset of "I'm gonna knock him out, the first loss was a fluke" He was tunnel visioning the KO Punch and trying to show that his first loss was a Fluke.

That and you're right, the dude can't take a punch, and TJ had his number on the feet the first time, it was bound to happen again, I called a first round KO in the last pickem thread. Cody was to emotional and not in the right ways.

T.J. knew he had him after the no touch gloves. That’s why he was all smiles.

agreed.. if Cody had slowed his pace down and tried picking TJ apart, he would have won. He cared too much about that KO punch.
Nothing worse than seeing that much potential mixed with that kind of fight iq. lol Literally nothing worse in this sport.

TJ has broken that chin for sure. That was fun. Over all a good night of fights.

Cody was literally 3 times faster in there

but 3 times less brains. Still fought emotional, what a goof.
You don't get neck tattoos if your highly intelligent.

He was doing well I agree, but still, he had the mindset of "I'm gonna knock him out, the first loss was a fluke" He was tunnel visioning the KO Punch and trying to show that his first loss was a Fluke.

That and you're right, the dude can't take a punch, and TJ had his number on the feet the first time, it was bound to happen again, I called a first round KO in the last pickem thread. Cody was to emotional and not in the right ways.

Some guys have all the physical tools in the game, Minus a good chin. And that is a really big one you need. It has to be at least good. His is flat out bad. A good striker tags him and he is instantly hurt. No good..

He lets go of the bitterness inside of him that prevents touching gloves.

He started headhunting again, got reckless again, got knocked out again

You know TJ only went for a glove touch to make Cody look like an asshole right? Lol they hate eachother

Some guys have all the physical tools in the game, Minus a good chin. And that is a really big one you need. It has to be at least good. His is flat out bad. A good striker tags him and he is instantly hurt. No good..

Yeah, he should stay far away from someone like Marlon, Aljamain is a safer fight at this point. Marlon's got KO power all over him. As far as Cody is concerned, you're right, his Chin is not good enough to keep him at the top of the division with strikers like TJ, and Marlon at the top. Cody's in purgatory now.

You know TJ only went for a glove touch to make Cody look like an asshole right? Lol they hate eachother

So? As the more experienced, more composed fighter, with the much better fight IQ, TJ can afford getting into the fight emotionally invested.

Cody can't. Its very simple really

Back