Cody = Weidman (if he wins)

NOTHING to do with being 37 fighting a 29 year old.
not just a 37 year old vs a 29 year old.
a 37 year old who has been fighting back in vale tudo, pride days, vs a 29 year old who started fighting for the UFC in his 5th ever professional fight. and 10th fight vs Anderson Silva. the kid is fresh.

Pfft, no. Cruz is in his prime.
did you even watch his fight against TJ snake? or the fights before that? his movements weren't as fast or crisp as before, and being able to pivot in and out was an important strategy in his fighting, a slight delay could means getting knocked out and being able to toy with his opponents.

i certainly saw it, and he is in fact slowing down, which is understandable considering the injuries he suffered.

did you even watch his fight against TJ snake? or the fights before that? his movements weren't as fast or crisp as before, and being able to pivot in and out was an important strategy in his fighting, a slight delay could means getting knocked out and being able to toy with his opponents.

i certainly saw it, and he is in fact slowing down, which is understandable considering the injuries he suffered.

TJ is one of my favourite fighters, so yes I watched that fight and believe it could've went either way. That fight isn't really the best way to judge him though to determine if he's slowing down or not. It was TJ Dillashaw for fuck's sake.

The fact Cruz was able to win at all after his time away from the sport due to those bad injuries was extremely impressive. Skillwise, he actually looks better than ever. His boxing is improved and he's still basically impossible to hit.

I don't think anybody is going to agree with you on this and it's pretty obvious why.

TJ is one of my favourite fighters, so yes I watched that fight and believe it could've went either way. That fight isn't really the best way to judge him though to determine if he's slowing down or not. It was TJ Dillashaw for fuck's sake.

The fact Cruz was able to win at all after his time away from the sport due to those bad injuries was extremely impressive. Skillwise, he actually looks better than ever. His boxing is improved and he's still basically impossible to hit.

I don't think anybody is going to agree with you on this and it's pretty obvious why.
he won, yes, but the important thing to take out of that fight is how well he moved in that fight.
his movements was so much better back when he was fighting faber. and vs TJ, he slowed down a lot, and his movement became very sloppy, and he was not darting in and out and left to right as much.

I don't think Weidman X Anderson is the perfect example

Anderson didn't lose because he was "slowing down", he lost because his clowning level was on a 100 against a very dangerous fighter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Weidman#Mixed_martial_arts_record
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Silva#Mixed_martial_arts_record

at the time of first Silva vs Weidman
Anderson was on his 38th professional MMA fight
Weidman on his 10th professional MMA fight

and unlike weidman who started fighting in the ufc in his 5th ever professional fight, anderson was fighting in japan and in vale tudo and in brazil where the rules are more brutal, where stomping is allowed, etc. you might want to consider all that into your equation because it's not just how many years someone has fought, but how much wear and tear one's body has to go through.

he was clowning, and he was slowing down. otherwise the prime anderson wouldn't really have gotten caught in my opinion. and i'm not just saying this because i'm a fan boy, i'm being quite honest.... he could've lost due to wrestling sure, but not the way he did vs weidman.

Last edited:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Weidman#Mixed_martial_arts_record
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Silva#Mixed_martial_arts_record

at the time of first Silva vs Weidman
Anderson was on his 38th professional MMA fight
Weidman on his 10th professional MMA fight

he was clowning, and he was slowing down.
Don't believe

The first Weidman fight was looking like every other Anderson fight and then he went overboard with the clowining, he also looked as dominant as ever in the fights just before that one.

The guy just got silly and got caught by a fighter with heavy hands

It's not like he slowed down and The Chris just had his way with Anderson from bell-to-bell.

The result of that fight slowed him down, the injuries have slowed him down, the long lay-offs have slowed him down but going into that first Weidman fight there were no signs of any slowing down.

Thank you for this thread TS
I think absolutely the same

lmfao

Already trying to downplay cody's eventual win

You are all some sad people

Don't believe

The first Weidman fight was looking like every other Anderson fight and then he went overboard with the clowining, he also looked as dominant as ever in the fights just before that one.

The guy just got silly and got caught by a fighter with heavy hands

It's not like he slowed down and The Chris just had his way with Anderson from bell-to-bell.

The result of that fight slowed him down, the injuries have slowed him down, the long lay-offs have slowed him down but going into that first Weidman fight there were no signs of any slowing down.

lol you realize aging is a gradual process, but apparently having 38 fights isn't a factor at all for you.
but 1 loss = suddenly receiving 38 fights worth of aging all at once? lol

lmfao

I'm not downplaying it. i just know there's a lot of dumb mma fans out there who can only see that carrot in front of them and not the whole picture.

Weidman is just better than Silva. It had nothing to do with Silva aging sorry

7c8f76b2d85e1c6c9ef68d424df2fd4b.jpg

lol you realize aging is a gradual process, but apparently having 38 fights isn't a factor at all for you.
but 1 loss = suddenly receiving 38 fights worth of aging all at once? lol

Was he slowing down when he front kicked Vitor?
Was he slowing down when he hit Shael with that fying knee?
Was he slowing down when he entered the matrix on Okami and Bonnar?

^^These were the four fights before Weidman KO'd him, which one did you see him slowing down in?

Burtal KO loss
injuries
Inactivity
^^What I said slowed him down
A number of things over a long period of time
Not "1 loss = suddenly ageing all at once"

Sounds like you are underrating Weidman because he lost to 2 very dangerous and elite fighters.

lmfao

I've never understood this sort of preemptive "He's not that great anyway" bullshit, lmao

People have been seeded with doubt ever since Silva x Weidman.

I can see there parallel. Both were fighting members of the GOAT club and are/were huge underdogs. Weidman KO'ed the Spider. No Love can KO Cruz but Cruz isn't a counter striker and he's definitely not going to start clowning around in the middle of a fight.

Cruz 50-44

I can see there parallel. Both were fighting members of the GOAT club and are/were huge underdogs. Weidman KO'ed the Spider. No Love can KO Cruz but Cruz isn't a counter striker and he's definitely not going to start clowning around in the middle of a fight.

Cruz 50-44

50-44
<36>

Back