Cody looked like a world beater vs Cruz..

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Would be cool to see him come back to that form, sharp boxing, fast movement, solid TD’s and mixing stuff up, even had the ali shuffle.

TJ was on roids so who knows...

he stayed calm that whole fight

since the TJ fight the moment he lands, or gets landed on he just starts swinging.

One of my favorite MMA performances ever. Shame he had to go and lose three straight afterwards, especially knowing how close he came to winning all of them

I think the guy could still beat anyone at BW. He just needs to stop winging punches from the pocket. He can close distance very fast, I don’t get why he abandons his great foot movement and gets into brawls when he’s usually the better striker.

When we talk about champs who doesn't have a belt, he's right up there.

A fight is more mental than physical, sadly he lacks in one of those departments.

He still is one, and is a bad matchup for Cejudo.

Garbrandt needs to prove that he isn't just a one hit wonder.

Doesn't seem to be the smartest guy out there. I'm afraid we are going to see Cody take the Barao/hendricks path.

Would be cool to see him come back to that form, sharp boxing, fast movement, solid TD’s and mixing stuff up, even had the ali shuffle.

He seemed really good in the first TJ fight, I think he got better but head movement against a good kicker is always dangerous. Not to mention he did the same shit against Cruz that got him knocked out against TJ. ]

He got emotional with tj and started fighting like a drunk jersey shore bro.

cruz was a perfect matchup for him. cruz didnt have the power to test his chin

He needs a sports psychologist.

Dude hasn't won a fight in almost 3-years. With the way he dominated Cruz, I thought he was going to hold onto the belt for YEARS.

Cruz had a lot taken out of him from those injuries. That retarded style was toned down a couple of levels and he became readable. That much stupid movement demands good knees.

I don't think the credit belongs to aCody.

Cody realized how basic Cruz’ boxing was behind all that bouncing.

People keep saying he stayed calm but that’s because Cruz couldn’t hurt a fly. The moment he receives damage he throws his game plan out the window.

Was having this conversation not too long ago, goes to show the mental aspect of fighting.

Back