Cody garbrandt what if scenario

Kono dio da!

Giorno's Father
@red
Reaction score
Had Cody not been rushed and thrown in there with the best of the best so early in his career, where would he be career-wise in your opinions?

Throw in with the "best of the best" made him a champion

Cuz just needs to maintain technique and not go rock em sock em when baited

U ain't built like that

I don't think the issue is that he wasn't good enough or ready, if you watch him in the Cruz fight, he clearly was. It's that he lacks a cool head and swings like an idiot when he gets tagged. I don't see how moving him up slower would have changed that.

If he solves that issue, I believe he can be at least a contender again if not champion. He has elite skills.

He put away Almeida, who was supposed to be the next best thing. Looked like he improved each fight. Was seconds away from putting TJ away in 1st round... then his career changed. 2 seconds his life would be different.

The "best of the best" was a joke and a cheater. Cody needs to cool his jets when he's in trouble, hopefully he finds his game again.

Two KOs against EPO Dillishaw. Yeah, what if...

best thing for cody is a win over petr
he just cant beat petr

It wouldn't change his mentality when he gets tagged, and his defensive awareness I'm fire fights. Also, his chin leaves much to be desired.

It's almost as if he was thrown against the best because he was the best....wait

He was a bad matchup for overrated pillowfisted Dominick Cruz.

Time put him in his place.

Cody exposed Cruz as a can.

TJ only beat Cody because he was juiced to the gills.

He put away Almeida, who was supposed to be the next best thing. Looked like he improved each fight. Was seconds away from putting TJ away in 1st round... then his career changed. 2 seconds his life would be different.
Almeida was badly hurt by a way over the hill Brad Pickett.

Safe to say that he was another overrated bum.

Funny, I watched Garbrandt v. Cruz yesterday and he was a totally different fighter. Relaxed, confident and playing to his strengths.

Then he got his first L in the first TJ fight and it’s like he hasn’t been the same since. He swings for the fences because he’s scared and he ends up in terrible situations like in the Munhoz fight where surviving the round would have made way more sense.

That glass chin will keep him from competing with the top guys. See Rockhold, Weidman...sorry to see, but a once the chin goes, MMA fame goes with it.

Almeida was badly hurt by a way over the hill Brad Pickett.

Safe to say that he was another overrated bum.
Are you saying One Punch who had zero one punch KOs didn't have scary power.
I believed it for a couple fights.

it's better he was thrown in with the best of the best, he was ready and with his chin and style, it's best to get to the top ASAP because if you give him too many non-title fights eventually somebody would've knocked him out.

if he could change his mindset to be more like GSP than Leonard Garcia he could make a comeback, but it that's easier said than done.

He studied Cruz for many years and put up a great counter striking game plan.
TJ evolved too fast and was 10 pounds heavier on fight night. Cody still nearly won, as TJ was saved by the bell.

Now his chin is even more shot and he thinks he needs to prove something.

He has T Rex arms and will always be in range.
Him improving his leg kicks a lot, also changed his style a little bit more upward and more toward kickboxing, which means slower feet.
He needed those super fast wheels and that upper body movement to get out of range.

Skillwise he will always be top3, but he should fight at 125 as he doesn't make enough weight.

Back