Cody Garbrandt was phenomenal...

thehighking

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I hate making this thread but I have a legit question. Does anyone think Cody would beat Conor Mcgregor? I know there would be a pretty big size difference but I think Cody has the technical abilities to beat Mcgregor. I would probably have Conor as the favorite because of the size advantage but Cody fought phenomenal the other night and I think he would pose a very difficult challenge for Mcgregor. It's still a stupid fight that makes no sense but what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Cody Goatbrandt.

Too much reach difference, Cody wouldn't beat McGregor like McGregor wouldn't beat Rockhold

65 in reach =

giphy.gif

I hate making this thread but I have a legit question. Does anyone else think Cody would beat Conor Mcgregor? I know there would be a pretty big size difference but I think Cody has the technical abilities to beat Mcgregor. I would probably have Conor as the favorite because of the size advantage but Cody fought phenomenal the other night and I think he would pose a very difficult challenge for Mcgregor. It's still a stupid fight that makes no sense but what are your thoughts?
lol. mcgregor could beat every bantamweight contender on one ppv card, one right after the other. and they'd still have to kill time on the broadcast.

i think cody would beat conor.

what he did to cruz was never seen before. every one was clamouring about what tj did, cody shat all over that performance! dude was out stepping cruz and was at least 2 steps ahead the whole time!

Too much reach difference, Cody wouldn't beat McGregor like McGregor wouldn't beat Rockhold
Is the weight difference that big? There have been a lot fights in the past where the smaller man won. I think the reach might be a problem but Cody would not be an easy fight by any means

If Mcgregor had to cut weight to 145, his chances increase for sure.. but no. i do not believe he would beat Conor.

Cody would take that fight and not for the money imo.

i think cody would beat conor.

what he did to cruz was never seen before. every one was clamouring about what tj did, cody shat all over that performance! dude was out stepping cruz and was at least 2 steps ahead the whole time!
Cody actually matrixed Dominic Cruz. It was an unbelievable performance

I hate making this thread but I have a legit question. Does anyone think Cody would beat Conor Mcgregor? I know there would be a pretty big size difference but I think Cody has the technical abilities to beat Mcgregor. I would probably have Conor as the favorite because of the size advantage but Cody fought phenomenal the other night and I think he would pose a very difficult challenge for Mcgregor. It's still a stupid fight that makes no sense but what are your thoughts?
Cody is too small for Conor. I hate Conor. Respect him as a fighter, hate him as a person. I think Conor is just too big. If Cody wins it would be by decision because I dont think Cody could put conor away despite the power.

Cody cemented himself as a true monster in mma but the likes of Aldo, Holloway and Mcgregor would all beat him.

Cody's performance was great, genuinely happy for him after the trash talk and walking out with that kid then giving him the belt, he deserved the belt and took it when many people doubted him.

Back