Cody Garbrandt thoughts

Tattoos definitely hindered him, there was never a dominant champ in MMA with half their body covered in tats (DJ has 3 ,GSP and JJ has 2, Silva nad Fedor have none etc.)

I still say if he'd have Freddie Roach teach him teh jab he'd be back fighting for the title. That's what he's missing.

When he gets hit clean, it's like he wants to hit the other guy back in the quickest way possible. This leads him open wide to counters.

I think he's losing his hair, which sucks.

He seems like an absolutely collosal douchebag.

Still got all the same talent. Just a giant hothead and retard.

Hated Dillashaw so much he couldn't keep composure... or his hands up. Then flipped out against Munhoz when they butted heads and went full retard again. That was an extremely winnable fight for him. If he can resist going full retard for the 4th time in a row he could still become champ (he's only 28). But then again his chin might be cracked by now...

Before his dad left the rotten bastard told his son he'd never have the guts to turn his head into his opponent's power punches.
That's an interesting take for sure.

My theory is Cody saw his father while in the shadow realm and that's why he keeps returning.

Whatever Cody’s issue is he better unfuck himself quick. Gonna be real hard selling door to door cutlery with a head full of tattoos.

I dont like Cody & Faber at all with all their insecurites masked by TMZ trash talk , bullying and posturing but I never got the jokes about Codys father.

Thats just sad. We dont need to feel for him, its his life but not having one is just in no way funny. Not even in a dark sense of humor. But well thats just my take.

Tattoos definitely hindered him, there was never a dominant champ in MMA with half their body covered in tats (DJ has 3 ,GSP and JJ has 2, Silva nad Fedor have none etc.)
Why do you think this is? Does ink slow a fighter down?

He is very similar to Aaron Pico, has good boxing but gets too sloppy in the pocket.

Cody is like the street fighter matches where you get the opponent on pixel health and end up losing

Hes not a good closer, he gets to excited and sloppy, hes not patient enough

Hopefully its all fixable and the 3 KOs arent the end of him
Patients is a virtue man, an under rated tool in the fight game. All the greats possess that attribute.

Totally agree

Back