Cody Garbrandt schools Dominick Cruz in this gif

J

JollyRants

giphy.gif
Cody looked incredibly fast and his speed n footwork was amazing last night.

lol @ those "punches" dom is flinging

that shit don't work unless you are fighitng midgets

I'm not hopping on his wagon but I thought Cody was cool when he openly wanted to fight Conor then pushed him on TUF.

Dude had me cracking up hard with his taunting. I do think TJ will beat him.

Cruz is my favorite fighter. Cody looked like prime Anderson Silva defense last night.

That's just basic physics you kneo?

Galileo once said that a cannonball and a feather would fall at the same speed and hit the floor at the same time if there was no air resistance; here we see CoGar taking advantage of the air resistance working against pillow fisted Cruz

Love how he taunted him with dance moves. Gorgeous

in b4 all the posts saying cruz was never any good

Beautiful. When I saw this I remembered Cruz saying to Rogan at the weigh-ins, "He's gonna be swinging at air all night, baby."

Can't wait to see MMA fans hate on Garbrandt for being cocky like they did on Anderson and every other black fighter who did stuff like this....oh wait...Garbrandt is white so it won't happen...:(

Seriously. It's just frustrating to hear people talk about his "footwork." Forget Cody in that gif....look at Cruz's feet for fuck sake.

Ish.

And this is one of them. Cody did like 7 different dance moves lol

Cruz is my favorite fighter. Cody looked like prime Anderson Silva defense last night.
Prime Anderson Silva defense, aside from the Griffin fight, often consisted of getting hit hard and cruising through on account of his chin. So I think Cody did a little better.

Can't wait to see MMA fans hate on Garbrandt for being cocky like they did on Anderson and every other black fighter who did stuff like this....oh wait...Garbrandt is white so it won't happen...:(
I guess it's back to Africa cage fighting for you. Oh wait....

Anderson was popular and his Matrix stuff was glorified.
He got shit on for the Maia fight where he made a mockery of everything to the point of Dana threatening to put him on prelims

Dom SHOULD HAVE thrown more upper cuts!

Was actually good seeing them congratulate each other once the bell rang.

Unfortunately for Cruz, that's probably the best he can do with his style of fighting. The problem is that he won't be able to throw his punches any better than that without a drastic change in his "herky jerky" fighting style. It's also why he isn't able to generate enough power with his shots. Since his style is so focused on random movements and feints, his feet are never properly planted.

Back