Cody Garbrandt Says USADA Tested Positive for Stupidity

“[Dillashaw] Garbrandt makes a point. Until recently, EPO has not been something USADA usually tested for as it required special analysis.

this simply isnt true. USADA has been testing for EPO since 2001

Heres the stats for 2016 direct from the WADA reports

DSjlGS0W0AIZXYc

The vast majority of those 247 are UFC

For anyone to claim "they didnt test for epo" when its as simple as going to the wada website and downloading the annual reports to prove that false is stupid.

and heres the numbers for 2017.. again, this will include a few samples from IMMAF but the majority will be UFC

D3wagboXkAAjx7F

Last edited:
Fact: TJ is the only person in MMA to win fights on PEDs. I call bs on TAM having clean fighters.... Almost all of them look suspect.

How about the guys Mendes gave CTE to?
Josh Emmett also has gyno nips

Josh Emmett also has gyno nips
Sherdoggers conveniently pretend TJ was the only guy in all of TAM to use..... Even though Cody said TJ showed them all..... Said in an interview "we're on EPO"....

Only TJ though..... Everyone else on TAM said " no thanks, I'm gonna fight clean. You do you TJ and we'll do our thing"

He received the MAXIMUM possible suspension for the substance for that violation.
i admit, i do not know the MAXIMUM possible suspension for the first offense of using masking agents.

but answer me this: was it, or wasn't it acknowledged that he took the substance unintentionally? was, or wasn't his case for this dubious?

Again, in this instance he received a 45 month suspension for the positive test, only a THREE MONTH REDUCTION for the determined non-intentional use.

The majority of the reduction (30 months) was for co-operation in identifying violations involving other athletes or persons. One of these is believed to be the information that led to Paulo's Costa's suspension (Costa in turn has got a reduction for providing evidence to USADA of other anti doping violations)
you're presenting this as if it somehow invalidates my claims that he was handled extremely leniently.

the fact that he was again determined to be using unintentionally, this time with absolutely zero evidence to even remotely support his claim is sign enough that he's being handled leniently. a 3 month reduction or a 3 year reduction makes no difference. he is a drug cheat, proven for the second time, being acknowledged as a victim. with. zero. fucking. evidence.

but the hilarious part is that you would somehow defend their decision to hand him a 30 month reduction on a 45 month sentence for snitching on paulo costa. this is a high profile athlete, a champion in the premiere league of the sport, being caught for the second time, and having his sentence reduced by over 65% for snitching on a fucking nobody like paulo costa... who also got his sentence reduced for snitching on who? a prelim fighter on a fight night card?

you're actually defending this position, trying to portray it as if jon jones being caught three fucking times and serving a grand total of 24 months, while being labeled as "not a drug cheat" in all three of those failed tests is normal. holy fucking shit.

a quick google search tells us francisco rivera got a 4 years suspension for first offense, testing positive for clenbuterol. but yeah, there's totally no preference being shown to jones in regard to his 3 failed tests.

ANY amount of banned substances in a fighters system should result in suspension that commences after first clean samples. If they “pulse” then tough shit. Start the suspension over. Don’t juice and do your homework on what you’re taking. Failed tests are no ones fault but the fighters.

Sherdoggers conveniently pretend TJ was the only guy in all of TAM to use..... Even though Cody said TJ showed them all..... Said in an interview "we're on EPO"....

Only TJ though..... Everyone else on TAM said " no thanks, I'm gonna fight clean. You do you TJ and we'll do our thing"
I don’t even buy Faber being clean they just give him the benefit of the doubt because he’s more likable

i admit, i do not know the MAXIMUM possible suspension for the first offense of using masking agents.

but answer me this: was it, or wasn't it acknowledged that he took the substance unintentionally? was, or wasn't his case for this dubious?

The arbitration panel judged it was non-intentional but gave zero reduction

USADA made it very clear in the hearing that they thought the whole dick pill story was bollocks.

the fact that he was again determined to be using unintentionally, this time with absolutely zero evidence to even remotely support his claim is sign enough that he's being handled leniently. a 3 month reduction or a 3 year reduction makes no difference. he is a drug cheat, proven for the second time, being acknowledged as a victim. with. zero. fucking. evidence.

There are degrees of fault. A reduction of 3 months suggests a very very slight reduction in fault.

quick google search tells us francisco rivera got a 4 years suspension for first offense, testing positive for clenbuterol. but yeah, there's totally no preference being shown to jones in regard to his 3 failed tests.

Cisco's penalty was doubled for Aggravating circumstances. He produced falsified travel documents, falsified receipts and had witnesses provide false statements to try and convince USADA he was a victim of contaminated meat. Thats what drew the extra two years (rightfully so)

I was in a boxing thread and someone linked an interview about the Mayweather/Pac fiasco involving USADA. It's a good read for anyone interested in how USADA does business.

https://www.sbnation.com/longform/2015/9/9/9271811/can-boxing-trust-usada

USADA came back with a rebuttal which was debated in a boxing forum.

http://boxrec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=194617&sid=55b2f69a0924647a4ae75591615c44a0

Make of it what you will. Dont @ me

its been widely discredited, and it should be noted that Hauser was on the vada payroll.

The arbitration panel judged it was non-intentional but gave zero reduction

USADA made it very clear in the hearing that they thought the whole dick pill story was bollocks.
which is why you would expect them to throw the book at the cheating piece of shit on his second offense.

There are degrees of fault. A reduction of 3 months suggests a very very slight reduction in fault.
and yet, there is the very important branding of not being a drug cheat... with no evidence. no evidence provided for it being unintentional means that there shouldn't be a slight reduction in fault, but zero reduction in fault. in fact, he should've been declared completely at fault, seeing how there's no reason to think otherwise.

there's also the pretty important part with the 30 month reduction of the suspension, because there is quite a difference between suspending someone for 12 months, and suspending them for 45 months. and when someone is caught and the punishment for their violation is 45 months, but they're handed 12, i call that preferential treatment and leniency. or as it should be called in professional sports, corruption.

Cisco's penalty was doubled for Aggravating circumstances. He produced falsified travel documents, falsified receipts and had witnesses provide false statements to try and convince USADA he was a victim of contaminated meat. Thats what drew the extra two years (rightfully so)
yeah, that's my point. when people fuck around, they get slapped, and rightfully so.

you would expect this to apply to everyone, not just athletes nobody gives two shits about. so jon jones testing positive for the second time should not warrant him any leniency, yet he was given it in extreme measures. not only that, he also tested positive for a third time, and they bent themselves backwards providing excuses with no basis on science to grant him leniency yet again.

“[Dillashaw] stole a lot from me,” Garbrandt said. “I wasn’t surprised at all. I was surprised that’s the first time USADA’s ever tested for EPO. I stated back in -- what was it 2017? -- that I’d like to do more invasive testing.

“We have to log in everywhere we go. We have to answer the door at 6:00am, piss, urine, blood, everything, write down every supplement we have. There should be no boundaries or picos or this or that. You either cheat or you don’t.

“The first time he got tested for EPO was when he fought Henry? It’s crazy. What are they even testing for? We’re not in there shooting steroids and getting big, they’re doing EPO. They’re doing all that kind of sh*t to cardio base. I knew that. I knew T.J. was on that and that’s why I said I wanted more invasive testing. He’s been on it for five, six years. And that’s not the only thing he’s on.

“There’s a lot of other fighters that are on sh*t too, so if you’re gonna draw a line on what we can do or how we can test -- you can’t keep this sample, we can’t detect EPO -- then what are we getting tested for? Let it all be legal and let’s all get juiced up and go in there and f*ck each other up.”

Garbrandt makes a point. Until recently, EPO has not been something USADA usually tested for as it required special analysis. However, that doesn’t change the facts on the ground and Garbrandt is trying to move past what he can’t control, though he admits it is hard not to think about what he lost sometimes.

“I wouldn’t say that I don’t think about it, you know what I mean?,” Garbrandt said. “What if? But now it’s like, I know I’m the best in the world, drug-free. I’ve had probably over 40 tests from USADA and nothing. There’s been nothing that’s been illegal or anything. So like I said, I think we have to change the guidelines on that.”

-MMAFighting.com
Cody for sure tested positive for stupidity , He is one of the few guys that can actually match @grimballer lack of intelligence.

1. you don't think being able to do 50% more in training than the other guy benefits your chances?
    [*]how do you think people develop good technique?
    [*]if a guy can drill for 2 hours a day and his opponent can do it for 3, which one do you think is going to have cleaner technique, everything else being equal?
    [*]if someone can spar 10 rounds every day and his opponent can only do 5, which one would you expect to be more effective in exchanges where a fraction of a second is what makes the difference?

1. Depends on the guy. In TJ's case, not particularly. I think the difference between drilling a combo 0 times and drilling it 10,000 times is enormous. I think the difference between 10,000 and 15,000 is significantly less relevant.
  2. I think technique is developed over years of obsessive training. Which TJ would have had going into this fight one way or another.
  3. Everything else isn't equal. Everything else is never equal. Is one guys mom sick? Is that little nagging thing with his left bicep acting up. Did the guy with the superhuman cardio overtrain? The closest you'll ever get to all things being equal is that shit happens for everyone, but there's no real way to measure. Is it worse for Conor to have a bad knee, or Chad to have short notice? Would either have changed the outcome? Who tf knows?
  4. I'd bed on the 5 rounds guy every time. If they gave you rounds sparred in their training career before every fight I'd be a gambler.

If the difference isn't a deciding factor then why did he take it? The blowback from getting caught is almost a career killer. Clearly EPO provided him with a significant benefit or there would be no point in taking it.

Maybe... just maybe... he didn't know in advance if this was going to be a first round KO, or a 5 rounder. Maybe he thought it was possible he was going to need a deep reservoir of cardio.

Or maybe EPO really gives you super striking and punching power and I'm just here to piss on everyone's parade.

EPO wasn't the difference IN THIS UNIQUE CIRCUMSTANCE. That in any other event it might have made a big difference. Just not in a first round KO, because he didn't cardio him to sleep he hit him.

Cody's going to get dubs for fighter bashing.

They do have the same guidelines and the same tests for every fighter. He's not saying that suddenly they only tested TJ for EPO, he's saying that they didn't used to test everyone for EPO until more recently, when they added the test for everyone.

you just said it they didn't use to test everyone for epo until more recently.

That's my point if you understand...they need to test every fighter for the exact same substances, not do it for this event but the next choose not to.

So either TJ was able to cycle off epo and hide it all these years, OR usada was not testing for it until recently....my guess is they just started testing for it recently therefore proves my point that the system is NOT consistent with the guidelines or what they look for, it's kind of hard to cycle off and beat usada unless you know when they are coming, and it's all random to throw you off so unless you have your cycle down perfectly and an insider on when they will be coming the reports should always come back the same if the fighter has been using the same substance for years.

In this case, Cody insists that TJ has been using epo for years, so either him and his team are so smart they can get away with it from usada, or usada wasn't making a real effort in testing for epo until recently, you pick, all fighters and events should be treated exactly the same no exceptions.

Also I think fighters and coaching staff should be notified of any new additions to the usada testing, whether that means new substances, testing procedures, and changes in what they may be looking for. This way everyone is on the same page and can't say they didn't know....if usada decides out of the blue to start testing for something that nobody knows about, it's kind of like entrapment on the fighters even if it is an illegal substance, I believe usada needs to be up front about what testing is done and what exactly they will be looking for.

Last edited:
EPO or not, its not intelligence that causes a fighter to wing 3 looping hooks in a row when his opponent counters every single one of them

you just said it they didn't use to test everyone for epo until more recently.

That's my point if you understand...they need to test every fighter for the exact same substances, not do it for this event but the next choose not to.

So either TJ was able to cycle off epo and hide it all these years, OR usada was not testing for it until recently....my guess is they just started testing for it recently therefore proves my point that the system is NOT consistent with the guidelines or what they look for, it's kind of hard to cycle off and beat usada unless you know when they are coming, and it's all random to throw you off so unless you have your cycle down perfectly and an insider on when they will be coming the reports should always come back the same if the fighter has been using the same substance for years.

In this case, Cody insists that TJ has been using epo for years, so either him and his team are so smart they can get away with it from usada, or usada wasn't making a real effort in testing for epo until recently, you pick, all fighters and events should be treated exactly the same no exceptions.

Also I think fighters and coaching staff should be notified of any new additions to the usada testing, whether that means new substances, testing procedures, and changes in what they may be looking for. This way everyone is on the same page and can't say they didn't know....if usada decides out of the blue to start testing for something that nobody knows about, it's kind of like entrapment on the fighters even if it is an illegal substance, I believe usada needs to be up front about what testing is done and what exactly they will be looking for.

First of all, I was merely noting that you aren't getting what he's saying right.

Secondly, that's completely stupid. If a PED substance hasn't been invented yet, or if they haven't figured out a test for it yet, that means everyone gets to use it for all eternity? As another poster pointed out, they've been testing for EPO for almost 20 years.

"Cody insists" - so what? People insist on stupid shit they know nothing about all the time. If he knows, first hand, then he was complicit in his abuse of PEDs when they were teammates, so fuck him if he does actually know something others don't, and fuck him if he doesn't and is talking about of his ass.

1. Depends on the guy. In TJ's case, not particularly. I think the difference between drilling a combo 0 times and drilling it 10,000 times is enormous. I think the difference between 10,000 and 15,000 is significantly less relevant.
  2. I think technique is developed over years of obsessive training. Which TJ would have had going into this fight one way or another.
  3. Everything else isn't equal. Everything else is never equal. Is one guys mom sick? Is that little nagging thing with his left bicep acting up. Did the guy with the superhuman cardio overtrain? The closest you'll ever get to all things being equal is that shit happens for everyone, but there's no real way to measure. Is it worse for Conor to have a bad knee, or Chad to have short notice? Would either have changed the outcome? Who tf knows?
  4. I'd bed on the 5 rounds guy every time. If they gave you rounds sparred in their training career before every fight I'd be a gambler.
but that doesn't make any sense. technique is developed over years of obsessive training, but is not influenced by how much training you do in camp. what?

i know this will come off somewhat condescending, but do you train? i have a hard time imagining anyone who's ever done any boxing, wrestling, or jiu jitsu would claim they wouldn't be a lot sharper today if they'd been able to train 50% more in the past couple of years. hell, there's an immediate difference you feel if you decrease the training even for a month, nevermind a few years.

of course everything else isn't equal, i was asking it in order to establish the significance of EPO. what you're doing is muddying the waters claiming all of these outside factors, which in turn implies that having superhuman cardio doesn't factor into your performance until after the 4th round. everything matters, from your mom being sick to your car seat being uncomfortable. but some things matter far more in fight preparation, and the amount of time spent drilling and sparring is far more important than others.

as for your last point, i'd love to hear how you figure the guy who does half the work is going to do better in fights.

Back