Cody Garbrandt found the weakspot in Cruz's armor. Exposed him as emotional fighter.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by brainwash, Jan 1, 2017.

1. brainwash

brainwash Banned Banned

Cruz like to portray that he is a logical, cerebral fighter who based all his actions on statistics and facts. That he can't be shook like all these other emotional fighters who can't control themselves.

Garbrandt saw this facade, and he completely broke it by taunting at Cruz. Cruz becomes more and more frustrated, gets thrown off his game resulting in 4 knockdowns. Now everyone knows Cruz can be gotten to, that he not who he portray himself as. Garbrandt social intelligence must be off the roof . He saw right through Cruz. CRUZ HAS BEEN GOTTEN.

2. bad seed

bad seed Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Code:
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

aww whyd you edit the title TS

dontlaugh likes this.
  3. ScrillaXL

ScrillaXL Blue Belt

Yer i agree, Cruz won a lot of the leadup to the fight but in the cage, Cody owned him and mocked him non stop, forcing Cruz to change his gameplan and try to come at Cody non stop.

crocopteam likes this.
  4. crystallake

crystallake Purple Belt

I dont think cruz fought much different or worse than usual. Garbrandt was the first guy to have good enough footwork, boxing and speed to catch dom as he was coming in. Faber pretty much had the same gameplan but couldnt execute it. Gonna be interesting how dom adapts in the rematch. Maybe use more legkicks and takedowns.

5. Reach4theSky

Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

Cody also exposed Dom's sub-par boxing skills..

6. skullmaskkid

skullmaskkid Banned Banned

the most overrated thing on sherdog is the idea that "winning" pre fight interviews, trashtalk, and pressers matter

Cody won cause he was the more technical and fundamental striker, meanwhile Dom is a charlatan on the feet

susanto, IBeMark1, Nightmaree and 5 others like this.
  7. JustBleed69

JustBleed69 Touch-Butt Brown Belt

Not really. Garbrandt just had a really intelligent gameplan.

He refused to chase Cruz and get countered, made Cruz chase him, which Cruz is not used to doing.

8. bad seed

bad seed Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

watch the fight again, Cruz abandons his gameplan when he eats that first hard punch. From that point on, he tried to return his own hard shot, thus chasing CoGar all night long.

9. Moral Victory

Moral Victory Black Belt

Cruz tells his opponents how they believe they're going to beat him without proof or facts, yet he's the one talking about God.

Cruz was depressed and he talks about how he's always honest to himself which is good but he has insecurities no doubt, he acts a bit like someone who has been bullied in the past and I think he did feel doubt against Cody.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  10. dontlaugh

dontlaugh Black Belt

Cruz looked like he fapped 5 times before the fight

11. dildos

dildos Gold Belt

Yeah Cruz looked so shook and rattled by codys taunting...

12. Defeat Unknown

Defeat Unknown Silver Belt

Yeah, I'm not sure how you win an interview. I think a lot of what Cody did was hype. Walking out of that interview this week, making a fuss outside of Dom's door - it's all hype. I'm sure there is some genuine dislike between the two, but I don't buy this nonsense of "being in someone's head".

I do agree that Cruz looked incredibly frustrated in the cage. Despite what he said in the post fight inerviews, I don't think he expected everything that Cody through at him, including the taunting, speed and incredible movement.

Dom's not some magician who's unaffected by what's going on. He wants to portray that image but I think it's bullshit and Cody saw it, and it was especially noticeable in his post fight press conference. He was gotten to and he had a hard time accepting that.

13. crocopteam

crocopteam I don't need no belt!

Agreed! I wanted Cruz to win but Cody did to Cruz exactly what Cruz said he was going to do to Cody inside the cage.

Can't knock him at all, he never got hot headed, fought smart, kept his composure, and even danced!

All the while frustrating Cruz.

14. FromTheSouth

FromTheSouth Orange Belt

Lol and cruz called him emotional wrecked

15. CFGroup

CFGroup Green Belt

By watching Cody's post fight interview he can easily fall to the same tactic!

Clowning always feels good when u r getting the upper hand. U get your metal tested when u r down.

LOL!

16. Huligani

Huligani Number One Bullshit

Garbrandt was just better. The frustration for Cruz didn't kick in until later in the fight, when Cruz had already lost numerous rounds while Cody kept taunting him. Cody said it himself, it was after the head collision opened up Cruz and Cody taunted him and got no response. Even then, I don't think it had any impact on how Cruz fought. Cruz did what he always did and it wasn't enough.

17. trblesome1

trblesome1 Silver Belt

I don't think it was frustration Dom just knew he was behind on points and had to abandon the being elusive thing and stand in there and just wing shots hoping to land something big

Problem is basically every time he did it he ended up on his ass

GrewUpSlapBoxin likes this.
  18. bambammccoy

bambammccoy Red Belt

This. Its always easier being on the counter than the lead.

19. Dbreiden83080

Dbreiden83080 Danger Zone

Needs to get Cody to come to him more. Cody kept it in the middle of the Octagon and Dom kept obliging by going first.

20. groo

groo Gold Belt

The neck tattoos were just to mesmerizing.

GrewUpSlapBoxin likes this.