Cody Garbrandt: Cruz is scared of me, will retire before fighting me

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
"Dominick Cruz can't knock anybody out. He's got grapes for hands...Dominick knows that I'm coming for him, like everyone. He's the champion so he has an X on his back but I'm definitely in his head and he knows he doesn't want to fight me. That's why he wants to move up, talk about moving up to [145] and fighting some other people. He's trying to either get out of the division or retire before he has to fight me."

That’s not all, however. For Garbrandt his dislike of the champ extends beyond the shade Cruz has been throwing over the division’s contenders:

"I just think the guy's a dork.... I don't like his style. I feel like he's a point fighter, he goes in there trying to point and take everyone to decisions. He doesn't go in there and be a true fighter. He goes in there and just tries to out point people. This is the fight game. We come out here for finishes."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/1...ve-to-145-or-retire-before-he-has-to-fight-me

WelllitFrayedFoxterrier.gif

Would love to see him KO Cruz control. This place would out salt the Dead Sea.

Cody talks a lot of shit, mostly poorly, but he is exciting, talented, and seems like a nice guy if you are not his next opponent. This is the fight I want to see right now. I think Cruz wins, but this is the best fight I can think of aside from a Cruz catchweight fight with MM which I think will never happen.

I love dom cruz, and I'm pretty confident he would toast cody

He's mostly right but the part about not being a fighter is dumb
How is he mostly right lol.
Nothing makes any sense.
Why would Cruz even consider fighting him?
Guy has ONE good win over an opponent who never really beat a top 10 guy before.

Who the hell is cody garbrandt?

Guy's got no brains and should close his mouth more to keep that a secret.

I would legitimately laugh if Cruz KO's him after the comments he made. Everyone said the same about Bisping's power...

Calm down Cody, your best win is an untested Almeida who was overrated.

Guy gets a decent win and thinks hes top shit.

Cruz has wins easy.

It would be an entertaining fight, but I think Cruz 49-46.

I hate when fighters say things like that just to get a fight. At least be creative! Does he really think anyone will believe that Dominick Cruz fears frickin Cody?

Back