Cody Garbrandt can't take out Cruz

Transcend81

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Cody has power and that is a great equalizer, but watch him work the pads in camp leading up to 202 in this candid video here:

and the end of the video here:

vs Dominick Cruz's mitt session while he is training in the off season:

Cody is focusing on his strength, I get it, but everything I've seen shows him constantly drilling combinations and power. We have seen that fail against Cruz time and time again.

Compare that to Dominick's pad work where he is focused on speed and working his unorthodox style, constantly hitting shifts in combos and on the exit.

I like watching Cody fight but I don't see what he has for Dom outside of a chance of catching him.

Dominick would embarrass him. Cody simply does not have the skill or the experience.

Let's see how he does against Mizugaki. Who was intrestingely enough Dom's easiest fight ever.

Depends, Cruz is not young anymore, soon his reflexes will be gone.
Sad one of the GOATs lost part of his prime to age

Dominick would embarrass him. Cody simply does not have the skill or the experience.
It's not 2008 anymore. We've reached a point in high level MMA that anyone can beat anyone on the right night.

I'd like to see him finish a serious threat to him before I even consider him finishing the champion. Lineker, Dodson, Dillashaw, Assuncao, Caraway, any of those guys.

Cody could get it done if he lands flush. Hell of a lot easier said than done.

Idk who said it but they were right when they said the future of TAM rests on his tattooed shoulders. The rest of that douche squad is either never going to beat Dom or won't survive USADA or both.

Depends, Cruz is not young anymore, soon his reflexes will be gone.
Sad one of the GOATs lost part of his prime to age

It's not pure reflexes imo it's him spazzing out randomly, and if you've ever watched drunk old people you'd know the ability to spazz out stays with you forever. Cruz will be fine.

Garbrandt started boxing at the age of 15, Cruz started kickboxing probably later that that in his life.
Cruz is 5 years older, but he will be beaten at some point, because of his age.

I mean he could take out Cruz. Although I admit it is extremely unlikely

Imo Cody needs a couple of fights to sharpen his skills prior to a Cruz fight, otherwise he will be punching air all the night

None of Cody's striking seemed as crisp or quick as the top fighters in the division.

I get that he's young and powerful, but Cruz tools him.

I think Cruz would embarrass Cody so bad that he would end up getting another shitty tattoo

Cody relies on heavy hands and head hunting which is litteraly the ideal opponent for Cruz once you start missing the frustration builds, than you start making mistakes, than you start getting hungry for the kill and before you know it you're gassed and its the 5th round. Dom isnt dumb hes realized this kid has a temper and he will utilize it wait for the trash talk.

Cody has power and that is a great equalizer, but watch him work the pads in camp leading up to 202 in this candid video here:

and the end of the video here:

vs Dominick Cruz's mitt session while he is training in the off season:

Cody is focusing on his strength, I get it, but everything I've seen shows him constantly drilling combinations and power. We have seen that fail against Cruz time and time again.

Compare that to Dominick's pad work where he is focused on speed and working his unorthodox style, constantly hitting shifts in combos and on the exit.

I like watching Cody fight but I don't see what he has for Dom outside of a chance of catching him.

Garbrandt is never going to catch up to Dominick at what Dom does best, it's just not going to happen. Improving on what he does best is probably his best shot at beating someone like Cruz. Dude hits WAYYY harder than most 135ers and a lot of people thought Almeida would tool him. Mizugaki is a great fight for him. Dude's the perfect gatekeeper and if Garbrandt is going to take on Cruz he needs to smash Miz which I think he will. Cruz still probably beats him but he's top 3 p4p imo so that's not an insult.

Back