Cody Garbrandt calls TJ Dillashaw classless for screaming in his face after KOloss, TJ responds.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Garbrandt got the ball rolling at Wednesday’s open workouts at LA Live by calling his opponent “classless.” Garbrandt remains ticked off by Dillashaw’s actions after knocking Garbrandt out at UFC 227, where he got in his vanquished foe’s face and screamed and then taunted his cornermen.

“He’s classless, that’s T.J., he’s always been like that,” said Garbrandt, who skipped his workout and instead held a question-and-answer session with fans. “That’s who he is. It was classless. Win or lose, win I outclassed Dominick Cruz, I gave him my respect. T.J’s up in my face and flexing on my team, acting like a little as*hole. I remember every single thing, that’s what motivated me this whole entire camp, T.J. getting in my face after that fight.”

DIllashaw, for his part, laughed when appraised of Garbrandt’s statements.

“Did you guys hear me on the mic after the fight?” Dillashaw asked. “I had nothing but compliments for the guy. If anyone is classless, it went more in my direction.”

Garbrandt also dismissed the notion that he didn’t deserve an immediate rematch after losing, saying that his victory over Dominick Cruz, who defeated Dillashaw to end Dillashaw’s first title reign in 2016, is enough to justify getting right back to the front of the line.

“I outclassed one of the best bantamweight champions in the world [Cruz], who outclassed him,” Garbrandt said. “if you watch that fight with TJ and Dominick, TJ was swinging at air, got outclassed, he said it was a close fight. And you know why? He feels entitled. He had a silver spoon in his mouth his whole life, you know what I mean? He doesn’t know anything about adversity, it’s always b*tch and cry. It takes two years to get back to the top, he said. OK, but you’re not knocking people out. I was knocking people out in the first round. That’s why I got the title shot over him.”

Dillashaw, again, scoffed at Garbrandt’s words. While admitting he doesn’t have the hardscrabble, from-the-streets story of so many successful fighters, he believes he’s had to earn everything he’s accomplished.

“I wouldn’t say I grew up with a silver spoon,” Dillashaw said. “Yeah, I was very fortunate. I have a great family. I was raised the right way, my parents did a great job, I owe them everything. Without them, I’m not the man I am today. I don’t have maybe the typical fighter story of having to grow up rough. I grew up great. I had to work my ass off to get anything I wanted. My first vehicle I had to buy it myself and work to get it. My dad was really hard on me.”

“He’s trying to be a nice guy, he’s trying to flip the script,” Dillasahw said. “He was a jerk, a bully, and now I have so much ammo that he wants to smooth it over, be the nice guy now. It’s a little bit of a different situation. He can’t be a prick now.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...-garbrandt-verbally-spar-over-classless-claim

10_Scream.0.jpg

Scrap this fight and make it a battle of gentlemanly classiness

Yea Cody comes off as kinda whiny. He was talking the most shit before the fight and getting aggressive and now he wants to be calm and cool because he has to.

I get the feeling if these two were stranded on an island together they would be blowing each other within the first hour

Fuck being classy, it's a fight and supposed to be a grudge match
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Cody by KO still tho

You grabbed him by the throat and tried to choke him..and you call him classless for yelling in your face?

Christ..he probably has a sub 60 IQ.

Back