Media Cody Garbrandt calls out...TJ Dillashaw??

he did not "have moments in both". TJ and Cody fought for less than three rounds and Cody was KO'd twice in that time. End this foolishness

Both fights were fun, Garbrandt had moments in both, honestly sounds like peeps don’t want It just in case he scores a ko 3rd time of asking.

If Cody were to get KOd again he'd pretty much have to retire. I mean, the amount of KOs and damage he's taken in a span of less than 5 years? And when it's him and TJ, the odds of the fight ending with a KO are high, and the odds of Garbrandt being on the receiving end are high

Sure, he had moments. A few of them. That's a low bar to set for would-be elite fighters. Jose Aldo had plenty of "moments" against Yan, doesn't change the fact that he probably suffered at least 1 brutal concussion by the end

It's just a bad fight. Cody needs to man up and move on from this petty feud. He has a kid now, he should focus on being the best fighter he can be and not settling old scores

If Cody were to get KOd again he'd pretty much have to retire. I mean, the amount of KOs and damage he's taken in a span of less than 5 years? And when it's him and TJ, the odds of the fight ending with a KO are high, and the odds of Garbrandt being on the receiving end are high

Sure, he had moments. A few of them. That's a low bar to set for would-be elite fighters. Jose Aldo had plenty of "moments" against Yan, doesn't change the fact that he probably suffered at least 1 brutal concussion by the end

It's just a bad fight. Cody needs to man up and move on from this petty feud. He has a kid now, he should focus on being the best fighter he can be and not settling old scores

He has a high chance of getting KO’d against anyone in the top 10, still has the ability to pull a highlight reel finish out of his backside.

He’s still in the top 5 I believe, if he’s happy possibly getting flatlined again then I honestly don’t see the objection.

He has a high chance of getting KO’d against anyone in the top 10, still has the ability to pull a highlight reel finish out of his backside.

He’s still in the top 5 I believe, if he’s happy possibly getting flatlined again then I honestly don’t see the objection.

I wouldn’t pick him to beat any of the top 5 dude, and there’s a few outside that I’d favour over him as well. He’s a fun fighter to watch and a very talented striker, but he’s not well rounded, durable or smart enough. They’re his issues

I wouldn’t pick him to beat any of the top 5 dude, and there’s a few outside that I’d favour over him as well. He’s a fun fighter to watch and a very talented striker, but he’s not well rounded, durable or smart enough. They’re his issues

I wouldn’t either tbh, would still happily watch and honestly don’t have an issue with the call out.

Hard to judge genuine character from a meet and greet.

What are they like when they arent on the clock sucking up to fans?

I could see both TJ and Cody being douchebags in real life. In the gym, at a bar, etc.

MMA is a selfish man's sport, has to be to reach the top.
I don’t disagree in general but Cody wasn’t on the clock. He was a nobody as a UFC fighter but this fan was aware of him from his hometown or regional circuit. No publicity for him as it was virtually all Irish there to see McGregor.

He should go claim his daily reward and get his free TS at FLW.
And then when he loses, he goes back to BW and gets ko'ed by TJ.

cody peaked against dominic, all downhill from there

And he lost. You guys keep chirping this same thing. I know, he was winning until he lost. Check the second fight to see Cody throw the same combo three straight times that TJ baits him into and cracks him every single time he throws it. He lost both times. You guys know this right?
Like I said TJ has his number. But saying Cody did nothing is not true.

take easy money and KO Sean O'Malley since he wanted all the smoke

Cody dropped him twice in the first fight, and that was EPO Dillishaw
200w.gif

Cody will never grow up. Frankly he is too stupid to ever be successful. Had the world by the balls after his Cruz fight and basically couldn’t have had a worse course from there on out. Lost fights, public opinion, etc. now he needs to focus on the good kind of losing; weight
Normally I'd dismiss as an internet keyboard opinion.

But in this case, correct.

Would like to see Cody fight TJ like he fought Cruz. Technical and patient. He goes into brawl mode and gets KOd. If he can approach it like a boxer trying to win on points, he might get it done.

Back