Media Cody Garbrandt calls out...TJ Dillashaw??

He actually was successful though, he was BW champion and has a dog breeding business which probably makes him some good money. That breed of dogs aren't cheap. He just had a bad couple of fights but to say he didn't find success is just pure hating. He found success, he became UFC champion which most fighters will never get to be. His losses won't erase that fact.

But he does seem like he's letting his personal feelings affect his decision making. He was moving to 125 to try and win the title there but now that TJ is back he wants to fight at BW again and rematch TJ instead. Most likely just an emotional response after watching the fight. I'm sure he'll still most likely drop down to FLW instead.
It’s all relative. He could have been legendary. But then just started losing fights based on over emotionality. He has very little fans compared to what he could have. He was Dana’s next Conor. Had the same custom suit guy, got flown private, etc etc. of course he’s successful. But he had the skills and ability to be something special and he can’t be described as anything more than average at 135. And that response wasn’t Over emotional. It’s in line with every triggered whiny thing Cody has always said.

TJ derailed his career. TJ was cheating. I'd be pissed if I was him

you do know they tested TJs blood sample for the cody fights after he popped right ? and they were clean.

cody just needs to ride into the sunset. he ended Cruz's reign with an incredible performance. he's just eating more brain damage at this point.

There is nothing to gain for TJ
He's KO'd him twice and Cody is coming off of a loss where he got dominated
Cody has no place to speak and is clearly biased

Screenshot-2021-07-24-05-59-06-1.png

So lets get this straight:

• TJ beat Cody 2x decisively already.
  • TJ is currently on a 5 fight BW win streak (could be 15 w/ the 2 controversial splits in there)
  • TJ is the lineal champ and getting a TS next.
  • Cody got KTFO x2 to TJ (and the tests came back clean)
  • Cody is now 1 win for the past 5 fights at bantamweight
  • Cody thinks he is entitled to fight TJ

<LikeReally5>

Looks like the neck tat ink migrated to his brain.

Cody, TJ, Cruz, Yan, O’Malley and Sterling are all cocksuckers in their own unique ways.
Cody has been an asshat for awhile but I've ignored it. Like him making a scene on the plane for a mask policy. Dude shut the fuck up and just out on a mask on your kid. Making shit complicated for everyone else. Him losing and thinking he retained his status despite losing like three of his last four.

Yeah I can see that. Probably why I don't enjoy it as much as lightweight. There's really no one likable on that division. At best they're lukewarm likeable but no one I can truly say I'm a big fan of.

I like watching Yan fight alot though so I guess that would be the closest. But I wouldn't say I'm a fan of his the way I am khabib or a Dustin or a tony. I like all those guys alot more.

Sand should of won. But cody needs to lay off the crack. Asking for a fight with tj lmao. Cody is a gate keeper. Tj jist went 5 rounds with 1 eye one leg and a broken nose with the number 2 fighter in the division. Although gifted a decision. Cody would of been finished with in 3.
TJ's nose was broke?

cody's right corey should have got the nod

They're not nice guys to be honest. Funny thing is, they hate one another because they're so much alike. That said, some guys need to have ridiculous belief in themselves to succeed at this level. Not mind boggling stuff, but not everyone who beats up other people for a living are nice.

I must admit besides the PEDs I preffer TJ though, just because he's goofier, makes the arrogance easier to take.

Eh. It's fair for Cody to want that rematch and see how he does against a clean TJ.

Cody and TAM gave TJ shit for leaving. Now Cody has left. Pot meet kettle. I will be honest, I rooted for TJ against Cody in both fights because the leaving camp stuff was ridiculously stupid and it was hilarious seeing Cody meltdown on TUF over losing water tetherball, lol.
tetherball-cody-garbrandt-tj-dillashaw.jpg

Eh. It's fair for Cody to want that rematch and see how he does against a clean TJ.

It isn't, though. A part of me feels for Cody. Not because he fought a cheater, because he apparently knew that TJ was cheating back when they were teammates and had no problem keeping silent then. But because he is one of the most exaggerated examples of a "flash in the pan" in MMA history

But the fight against Rob Font proved a couple of things about Cody to me

1) He is not truly a good striker. He has speed, power, and sometimes good or very good offensive boxing, which is how he was able to acquire some cool highlight reel KOs. But he has almost no defense. For someone so lauded for his speed, he tends to just stand there and eat punches because he has no true defensive skills. And he has never shown interest in making grappling a big part of his game, so it's clear that his days as a contender are over

2) He is too small for 135. He himself has talked about how little weight he cuts. I guess that could be seen as commendable? I dunno, but it's not a viable long-term strategy in the UFC. By the end of the fight against Font, Font easily grabbed Cody's leg off of a leg kick and literally just shoved him. Every time Font landed clean, Cody's head moved like a Pez dispenser. I guess you could say that he was rolling his head with the punches, but to me it looked like a guy who is just fighting a much larger man

Cody is an example of a guy who has allowed his decision-making out of the cage to clearly waste his potential inside of the cage. He needs to let go of this feud with TJ, because a young guy like him should not allow one other guy to define his legacy. He should be pursuing his own legacy and he should be at 125 where he belongs

Cody just stood in the pocket and ate I have no idea how many of Fonts's shots. Nobody is going to want to see him fight TJ because even if you like Cody you would have to assume that he'd get KOd again. Cody is just a frustratingly stupid person. Or egotistical. People tend to give him a pass on his arrogance because they assume he is too stupid to be self aware, but it is one or the other. Either he is just too stupid to be a top pro athlete or he is too arrogant to get out of his own way

Lol Cody still butthurt over getting starched twice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back