Cody at 125

West Linn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dillashaw said that Garbrandt was done at 135. Maybe that was a hint from Dillashaw that there are other options for Cody at other weights, most likely 125.

According to the CSAC prefight weights, Cody was more in line with 125ers than 135ers. He came in at 142 in fight night, same as DJ and Cejudo was at 141. TJ came in at 149.5. Other BWs came in over 150.

He's likely not getting a title shot in the near future at 135, so if he can make the weight successfully 125 is where his future is at.

Maybe that's why he wanted the DJ fight so bad also, because he could make the weight easily.

Garbrandt would be pretty big at 125, you have to think he would do well.

636690278682256946-USATSI-11026951.jpg

Cody only cut 5% body weight to 135lbs, his brain is well hydrated and still he has no chin. Imagine what a further 10lbs that will badly dehydrate him does to his glass chin. He was KO'd stiff in an amateur fight against some nobody and now he just got KTFO twice in a row. TJ isn't exactly a KO artist, he overwhelms fools with volume and yet Cody gets dropped in every single exchange.

Bad move imo but it's not like he has a choice, I wouldn't mind seeing him get KTFO again at flyweight.

Nobody at 125 currently has any power. Watching MM vs Cejudo I saw volume punching and none of those shots looked very stiff.

I think it might be the best place for Cody.

Cody only cut 5% body weight to 135lbs and has no chin. Imagine what a further 10lbs that will badly dehydrate him does to his glass chin. He was KO'd stiff in an amateur fight against some nobody and now he just got KTFO twice in a row. TJ isn't exactly a KO artist, he overwhelms fools with volume and yet Cody gets dropped in every single exchange.

In the same vein, FLWs just don't hit as hard as 135ers. You have to take that into consideration as well.

And for all intents and purposes, TJ is a finisher. KO artist maybe not, but he finishes fights. Also he had the blueprint on Cody. Everyone knew this fight would end in a KO either way.

If he could make the way I think it’d be a good move

Cody only lost twice to one of the greatest bantamweights in the world and people act like he's done.

Sherdog gonna Sherdog.

Cody only lost twice to one of the greatest bantamweights in the world and people act like he's done.

Sherdog gonna Sherdog.

The fact of the matter is that he's the same weight as other FLWs and smaller than most BWs.

Dillashaw said that Garbrandt was done at 135. Maybe that was a hint from Dillashaw that there are other options for Cody at other weights, most likely 125.

i believe he said cody was done at 135 because tj beat him twice, and it would take a lot of work to get a third crack at tj and the title.

He's likely not getting a title shot in the near future at 135, so if he can make the weight successfully 125 is where his future is at.

i agree he has a future at 125. and since the ufc likes cody, i can see him getting a title shot with just 1 win in the 125 lb division.

In the same vein, FLWs just don't hit as hard as 135ers. You have to take that into consideration as well.

And for all intents and purposes, TJ is a finisher. KO artist maybe not, but he finishes fights. Also he had the blueprint on Cody. Everyone knew this fight would end in a KO either way.

Who else gets consistently dropped by TJ in every exchange besides Cody? TJ also had the blueprint for Renan Barao 100%, but Barao didn't get finished like this in their rematch. Cody clearly has a glass chin while fully hydrated. That extra 10lbs cut is going to be worse for his chin than any loss of power in his opponent can make up for.

Who else gets consistently dropped by TJ in every exchange besides Cody? TJ also had the blueprint for Renan Barao 100%, but Barao didn't get finished like this in their rematch. Cody clearly has a glass chin while fully hydrated. That extra 10lbs cut is going to be worse for his chin than any loss of power in his opponent can make up for.

We don't know what it's going to do to his chin. Maybe it hurts, maybe he'll be fine. The fact of the matter is that FLW is more his natural weight class relative to other fighters.

Some people just recuperate better or faster after their weigh-ins. Cody is probably bigger off season.

Backtracking much? How big he gets in the off season is completely irrelevant, what matters is how big he is on fight night. And where's your evidence that he's bigger in the off season?

We don't know what it's going to do to his chin. Maybe it hurts, maybe he'll be fine. The fact of the matter is that FLW is more his natural weight class relative to other fighters.

We know he's the only one TJ is able to consistently drop and we know dehydration increases the risk of concussion, that's enough to draw a reasonable conclusion on how his chin will hold at 125lbs.

Because height equals weight, right? Seriously, how retarded are you?
Not nearly as much as you and this thread.

TJ saying Cody was done at 135 means jack shit. He probably meant that as long as he's champion Cody will not be champion again.

"Maybe that was a hint from Dillashaw" lol. Don't forget your tin foil hat.

TJ was sitting down on the right hands he landed almost bizarrely. TJ has improved a lot most notably in his striking. I don’t know what Cody’s cut looks like only he and his camp know but losing twice to TJ doesn’t necessarily mean he’s done at BW or he’s washed etc. I think it’s more of a TJ has his number situation.

Back